33

Hello, here's an update! You may comment down your thoughts about the story or the chapter. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 33
''First Generation''

''You don't ran out of parties.'' I told Apollo when he handed me another invitation. The last party they held was just months ago, ngayon ay mayroon ulit.

Apollo shrugged his shoulders. ''Hindi ko din alam kung bakit.''

Apollo, Carlos, and Heidi visited us in our home in Manila. Pumunta sila para bumati at magdala ng panibagong imbitasyon. Of course, they didn't go without something with them. Mabuti na lamang ay hindi ganon ka-engrande tulad noong nakaraan.

Ako lamang ang nasa bahay dahil umalis at may pinuntahan si Lolo. My parents went to the mall to buy some groceries pero pabalik na din agad nang malamang may mga bisita.

''Belated happy birthday, ate Vernaise!'' bati ni Heidi.

''Thank you!''

Noong isang araw pa kami nakauwi ng Pilipinas. Tomorrow, Lolo and I will go back to Santa Monica. Malapit na ang lunes at magpapasukan na naman. Nagpahinga muna kami dito sa Maynila bago muling babyahe papauwi.

Javier stayed for three days in London. I would go out with my family in the morning, then will ask their permission to go out in the afternoon. And that will be my time to meet Javier. But whenever it's already six o'clock, Javier would walk me back to the hotel.

I didn't know where he was staying. He didn't tell me, especially when I asked and told him if we could visit his place. Wala naman kaming gagawin pero masyado siyang magapag-isip kaya hinayaan ko na lang.

My parents arrived and welcomed the Montecarlos. My mother even slightly pinched my side when she noticed that I did not offer anything aside from the juice.

Gusto ko sanang sabihin na hindi naman kasi sila magtatagal pero masyado nang naging abala si Mommy. And being a kind hearted family, of course, the Montecarlos couldn't afford to break my mother's heart. So they stayed longer than planned.

''From your lover?''

Napatingin ako kay Carlos nang magsalita siya. His eyes were glued on the bracelet on my wrist before lifting it up to smirk at me.

''Does your family know?'' he asked again.

''Shut your mouth, Carlos.''

Natawa siya. Mas lumapit pa upang makabulong. My forehead creased.

''Ayaw mo bang sabihin?'' tanong niya sa mahinang boses. ''I thought you like him that much?''

''Carlos.'' I warned him.

''You know, if you tell your grandfather about that, wedding bells will soon be ringing. It's something your grandfather can do easily with a snap.'' aniya pa tila ba kinukumbinsi ako.

Carlos Lorenzo really know how to piss me off. Magkaibigan naman kami. But when he got to know about my interest with the De Leons, he got interested as well and started pissing me off. He knew how to stir on weak spots.

''Or you like him that much that you don't want to tie him that way?'' he whispered like he knew my deepest secret. ''Tsk. You had it bad.''

I let my face remain unexpressive and did not mind his whispers even if it affected me a little.

But as I've said, the less you talk the more powerful you will become. Carlos did not try to talk to me anymore after that. Kumaway na lamang sila nang papaalis na kaya kumaway din ako.