29

Weekly update for Date Thy Enemy! No specific day though. Comment down your thoughts about the story or this chapter. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 29
''Rumor''

I stared in awe at one of the grandest and lavish mansion I've ever seen in Santa Monica, or maybe in my life.

Malaki at malawak rin ang aming bahay. Ngunit sa mansyong ito ay hindi mapagkakaila na kahit sa isang tingin pa lang, alam mong puno ng karangyaan ang pamilyang nakatira dito. The Montecarlos is one of the richest family in the region along with the De Leons.

But despite the wealth of the Montecarlos they live a very humble life. And all of the people here are very down to earth too.

''Vicente! Vernaise!'' The matriarch of the family, Senyora Amanda Aurora, welcomed us with a warm and soft smile.

I smiled too. ''Good morning, Senyora.''

My eyes widened a bit when she embraced me tightly. Pagkatapos noon ay tinitigan niya ako nang mabuti. Halos hindi ako makagalaw. All I can do is stare back at her elegance.

''Naku, you've grown so much! The last time I saw you, you were still in highschool! Are you in college now? What are you taking?''

''I-uh-''

''Lola.''

Pareho kaming napalingon kung saan nanggaling ang boses. Carlos Lorenzo appeared like lighting, beside us.

''You're scaring her.'' aniya pa.

Senyora only chuckled. Marahan akong binitawan at agad na humingi ng depensa. I shook my head trying to explain, na nagulat lamang ako.

''You can continue asking her questions while we eat.''

''It's okay-''

''My apo's right! I'm just so excited to meet you again after all those years.'' aniya, matamis pa rin ang ngiti. ''Come, let us go to the garden. We prepared a little feast.''

Lumapit ito kay Lolo at saglit silang nag-usap bago naunang naglakad ang Lola ni Carlos. My grandfather called me as well before he followed her.

''My grandmother's always excited when she meets people.''

My lips curled upwards. ''She's a very warm person.''

''She is.''

Nilingon ko si Carlos na natili ang tingin sa aming mga Lolo at Lolo. He had this relaxed expression on his face which I rarely see. He towered over me and his posture was very manly and intimidating.

''I don't know where you got your ruthlessness though.''

He titled his head at the side to meet my eyes, then smirked at me.

''I am adopted.''

I couldn't help not to laugh at that joke. There's no way he's adopted. When I met his cousins, the resemblance was uncanny. Hindi man lahat ay magkakamukha, but the way they talk, walk, the presence, and their aura, you won't be able to doubt it. They are indeed the fine men of Montecarlos.

''I heard you're already getting along with the De Leons?'' His voice sounded curious and a bit playful.

''I am friends with them.''

''Really, just friends, Vernaise?''

''Well, if you're asking about my relationship with Javier de Leon, it's is a different story.''

He glanced at me with pure amusement dancing in his eyes. The look in his face clearly states how his mouth wanted to let out a chuckle but doesn't want to offend me too.