22

I unpublished this chapter today. I needed to edit some parts. But here it is now.

Happy Reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 22
''Sister''

I woke up in a good mood, although it's already a bit late compared to the mornings I usually wake up. Nonetheless, I feel light and happy. And when I saw the clear vast sky and the sun bringing sunshine, it made my day even brighter!

I asked Marya to get me something light to eat, pinaakyat ko na lamang dahil dito na ako sa kwarto kumain. It's already past breakfast yet still too early for lunch.

The school scheduled me at one o'clock in the afternoon. But yesterday, Javier told me that he'll pick me up before noon. So I guessed that we're going to eat lunch first before proceeding to the university.

While sipping my coffee, I realized that this is the first time I'd go with Javier. Alone. With just the both of us. 

The thought of it made me breathless and a bit panicky. But I don't want to overdo anything about today so I'd just go and sail with the waves. And I hope I will be able to.

After taking a bath, for clothes, I chose to wear a white mock pearl button through skater shirt dress that falls up to my mid thigh, and paired it with a Gianvito Rossi heels. I combed and let my straight long black hair down after parting it on the middle. I also applied subtle makeup. And a minimalist gold dangling earring completed my look.

Isang katok sa pinto, agad kong nakita ang pagsungaw ng ulo ni Marya.

''Miss,'' she said, sounding a bit hesitant to say whatever she wanted to say. ''Kanina pa daw naghihintay...''

I nodded. ''I'll be downstairs in a while!''

One last glance and smile on the mirror, I graced my exit.

I told Marya to inform me immediately when Javier arrives. And she did. Although, I understand her hesitation a while ago.

No one, aside from Marya, knew that a De Leon is here. Not that he's not allowed nor banned to enter... I just feel like it isn't the right time yet. That's why I made sure that the guards guarding the gate, will look at the other side and keep their mouth mum about anything or everything they see beyond the outside of the Sarmientos. Especially if it concerns Javier de Leon.

''Si Lolo?'' tanong ko habang pababa sa malawak na hagdan.

''Kanina pa umalis, Miss.''

I nodded.

Good thing Lolo's not around. I couldn't take risk of letting Javier in, in our premises. With all the households roaming around, and once they see him stepping in, news of it will be flying all over my family. And I can't let my grandfather knew of that yet! I mean, not when things are just beginning to be great.

And let's not forget about the over-protective Steven Sarmiento, my father.

Javier seems to knew the reasons why anyway. Even without me telling him that. He never did question me why... why we only see each other outside, like lovers forbidden to meet. Like the ill-fated lovers, Romeo and Juliet.

I chuckled. Maybe because we aren't really lovers? We're just enemies.

Marya followed me when I got inside of our car. They will drop me outside the gate to meet Javier. While Marya will go to the market to run an errand for the house.

I heard her small disapproval, ngunit hindi na ako nag-antay na pagbuksan pa ng pinto. When our car stopped at the side, I hurriedly opened the door to step out and meet Javier.