31

Yay! Things are about to get real! I really can't wait anymore too! Comment down your thoughts about the story or this chapter. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 31
''Slow''

''Vernaise!'' one of my classmates in a minor subject called.

Nilingon ko ito. At pati lahat ng kasama ko sa mesa ay napalingon din sa kanila. She is with two other girls who I am not familiar with. I am with the De Leons and Erik. Kakatapos lang namin kumain ng tanghalian at naghihintay na lamang para sa susunod na klase. Javier is also here because he needed to get some materials from the library.

''Yes?''

Mariel, my classmate, eyed Javier who is on my side before returning her eyes to me. I arched my eyebrow at that.

''I'm just really curious,'' she started, smiling widely at me. ''There's been a talk around the whole campus, you know. Is it true that Carlos is your boyfriend?''

My eyebrows furrowed at the question. No one has dared ask me directly about that. Of course, because I'm Vernaise Sven Sarmiento, at isa pang dahilan ay hindi ko pinaglaanan ng pansin at atensyon ang mga iyon. There's a talk, she said. It hasn't died down yet?

''No, that's not true.''

''I knew it! I know you aren't a two-timer!'' She shamelessly said. ''I told my friends that you're dating a De Leon not a Montecarlo but they wouldn't just listen! They think you're playing with both men!''

My palm hurriedly flew to rest on Javier's thigh when I felt him move forward a bit aggressively. Marahan ko iyong pinisil para pakalmahin siya.

''Hey!'' si Solenn sa isang mataas na boses. ''Mag-ingat ka sa mga pananalita mo!''

''Solenn,'' mahinahon kong tawag. Muli kong ibinalik ang tingin sa tatlo. Lalo na kay Mariel. ''It's okay. She's just curious. Aren't you?''

''Yes-''

I did not let her finish. ''Now that your curiousity is feed. Will you go and stop wasting our time?''

I saw how she was taken back by that. She seems frightened because I can see her face starting to pale. Then she laughed awkwardly. This girl, seems like she wouldn't just stop, huh?

''But we really-''

''That's enough.'' Javier's cold and dangerous voice echoed. ''Leave.''

The girls hurriedly retreated without another word.

I sighed, counting to five, before turning my head to face the people at the table. The once warm atmosphere became dark and heavy after Mariel approached us. 

''It's probably about the picture that was uploaded before.'' I smiled, trying to lighten up the mood.

Carlos already deleted that one. And even deactivated the account. But it looks like people are still talking about that. It's something you won't be able to forget anyway, especially if you're drawn to a man like that. Anyone would be curious.

Kasalanan to ni Carlos! Huh, let's see in the future how he will act as well when all of these things bite him back. Once he already has someone and he sees her with another man, I wonder how would he react? Babalik din sa kanya ang mga ginagawa niyang ito. That's why I told him to be careful with his actions. He might cry later.

Sinilip ko si Javier sa aking tabi. He has that dark expression on his face. Matalim ang kanyang mga mata at nangungunot ang noo.

I was about to take my hand back from his thigh. But he was fast enough to hold it. Pinagsalikop niya ang aming daliri at muli iyong ibinalik sa kanyang hita.