49

Happy reading, enjoy! ❤️💚✨

+ + + + +
Chapter 49
''Truth''

''What the hell is this, Carlos?!''

I wanted to contact Apollo but I couldn't reach him! But I couldn't wait any longer and dialed Carlos' number instead. I feel bad because I know he's beyond busy with his own life, but I have no one to contact aside from him.

''I have no idea with that, Vernaise.'' sagot niya sa kabilang linya, tila alam na ang gustong sabihin ko.

''Marriage?! Marriage with your cousin? Are you kidding me?!''

''Calm down. Tatawag ako sa'min at magtatanong. I will call you right away.''

''Make sure to do that, please!''

I threw my phone after I ended the call. My heart was beating so loudly against my chest that I couldn't breathe anymore.

What the hell is this marriage with Apollo?! We are not even in a relationship! The Montecarlos are like a family to me. Carlos and Apollo knew my relationship with Javier, too! What the hell, Apollo?!

I stopped walking back and forth. Sinubukan kong pakalmahin ang sarili at pinag-isipang mabuti ang lahat.

Apollo has been a friend, and he has been so good to me. Yes, he's a snob and all especially if he isn't close with the person, but once you get to know him, he's a whole lot different. He's like a child who is always obedient, even to me! We went out to have some coffee and snacks, but that was all a friendly family gesture. He knew my problems because I always rant to him about stuff. And he knew all of them well. I know he wouldn't do something like this unless...

A call pulled me out of my thoughts. Agad kong pinulot ang cellphone. It has a small crack on the side but I didn't care less anymore.

''What did you find?'' I asked impatiently, when I answered Carlos' call.

''It was your father.''

Mariin akong napapikit nang tama ang naisip.

''Your father doesn't want you to be tied to the De Leons. He asked Apollo and his parents for help instead, and that is through marriage.'' he explained more.

Ilang oras lamang ang lumipas at mas lalong kumalat ang balita na magpapakasal ang isang Sarmiento sa isang Montecarlo. Hindi lamang sa social media, kung hindi pati sa labas nito,

I saw and read every article about it. Marami ding pictures! Pictures kung saan laging magkasama ang pamilya namin nina Apollo. The brunches and the family events with the Montecarlos, where Apollo and I are always present. And pictures of what happened in the wedding we attended last month!

It was even stated in those writings that after how many generations, in this fourth generation, the family will be united again. And although Eliana Maridette was once a Sarmiento, she wasn't blood related to us so a marriage between Montecarlo and Sarmiento is not impossible.

Sumakit lalo ang ulo ko nang makita ang lahat ng iyon. Sa pagod at rami nang pinag-iisip ay nakatulog ako. When I woke up, it was already evening. Tinawag ako ni Mommy para bumaba dahil dumating na ang ama. I did not fix myself anymore because I have been waiting for my father's arrival.

Nakita ko ang pagpasok niya, at mukhang natigilan rin siya nang makitang nasa hagdanan ako, nag-aabang sa kanya.

''How could you do this to me, Daddy...'' my voice was laced in pain and betrayal.

''It was the only choice.'' aniya, at tila ba hindi niya pakikinggnan ang lahat ng sasabihin ko dahil mabilis na tumalikod.

''You will bind me to a marriage I do not want?! You will let an innocent person be strangled in this chaos, Daddy?!''