47

Happy reading, enjoy! ❤️

+ + + + +
Chapter 47
''Talk''

Nakabanyo naman ako at pagbalik ko sa mesa namin ay nagulat ako nang pinatayo ang lahat ng bridesmaids, and all unmarried women who wanted to join the bouquet toss. My mother was so excited that she urged me to join the crowd right away, the moment she saw me back. One of the bridesmaids pulled me too.

Agad na dumapo ang tingin ko kay Javier, na nasa akin rin ang mga mata. Ilang segundo kaming nagtitigan. He slightly gave me a nod. And that was my cue.

Anyway, I don't need to catch it aggressively like proving a point or something. I just want to join the fun as well.

Puwesto ako sa may gilid. Nandoon rin si Solenn! At nang makita ang isa't-isa ay pareho kaming natawa. We were both teasing each other, until we eventually saw the bride getting ready.

Hinagas ng bride ang bouquet. Solenn's hands were up in the sky as if reaching for the stars, while me, I didn't even extend my hand to catch it. But the bouquet ended up hitting my head with a little impact. And the next thing I knew, I was holding it already!

I was literally frozen in my spot. My heart was beating loudly against my chest. There were claps and a few teases from the crowd. Hindi ko alam kung sisimangot ako o ano, pero nang makitang nakangiti naman si Javier ay napangiti na lang din ako.

''Maid-of-honor ako, ha!'' tumatawang bulong ni Solenn.

Napairap ako habang may ngisi pa rin sa labi.

My smile only faded when the event did not end there. The groom will toss the bride's garter, too! Gosh, how could I even forget about that? Medyo doon ako hindi napakali. Of course, I knew that whoever got the garter, will be the one who will put it to the woman who caught the bouquet! And who caught the bouquet again? Me!

Mas lalo akong kinabahan nang pinaghintay pa ako sa harap para kausapin ng host.

''Wala naman sigurong magagalit, Miss Vernaise?'' nanunuksong tanong niya.

I can't help not to let out a dry and constipated laugh.

''Uy, parang meron! Do you have a boyfriend na ba?''

My eyes went to find Javier again. But he isn't on his table anymore. His parents aren't, either.

I took a deep breath for some courage before I answered, ''Yes. I have.''

''Ohh!'' The crowd cheered more.

''Off the market na pala ang ating heiress! Pero huwag kang mag-alala at katuwaan lamang ito. Or you can ask your boyfriend to join, para makilala na din namin!''

Narinig ko ang malakas na palakpak ng bride. I saw how excited she was and how she was heavily cheering for it as well.

I bit my lip. I don't know if I should be glad that Javier isn't inside the venue or what. He doesn't join things like this. Wala sa itsura niya. At kahit meron, him joining will only fire curiosity from both families. Despite that, I still wished he was here.

My hands were cold as I wait on my seat for the traditional garter toss. Naghiyawan ang mga nasa loob, especially when the groom took it so intimately from the bride.

And while that was happening, I looked at the Montecarlos.

Carlos isn't here, he did not attend. Ang una kong nakita ay ang kapatid niya, si Lukas. He probably sensed someone staring at him that he was able to find my eyes just after a few seconds. After a while, he got the message. May binulong siya kay Apollo kaya lumingon din ito sa gawi ko. He nodded understandingly on the assignment even without the instructions.