27

Hello, here's another update. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 27
''Study''

''I don't want to study anymore!'' Solenn complained, closing the book she was reading, to finally rest her head on the table. ''Puputok na ang mga ugat sa utak ko.''

''You just started studying.'' I said, trying to motivate her.

''Yun na nga eh! Nagsisimula palang ako pero ayoko na.''

''Exams next week.''

''I know! Iidlip lang ako saglit.''

Hindi na ako nagsalita at hinayaan na lamang siya sa gusto. I continued recopying my notes on a paper as one my way of studying. I do this whenever I need to memorize something. I go back to my notes and copy it in a different paper a few times. Quite time consuming but it works well for me.

It's been two months since school started. I was expecting to see Javier most of the time around since his review hasn't started yet. But he's busiest these days. I need to focus on my studies too, kaya iyon din ang pinagtuunan ko ng pansin.

I'm not pressured by my family but I don't want to disappoint them as well.

And if I have time to flirt with Javier, I should have time to excel in my studies, too.

Saturday came and Solenn invited me to their home, to study, she said. Wala ang kanyang mga magulang, pati na rin si Rhys. She told me she's supposed to come with them somewhere but she needed to study so she invited me instead.

I'm not sure though if napping is the synonym of the word study for her because it is what she has been doing the entire day.

At first, we were in her room but she literally just took a nap on her bed. When I woke her up, she suggested we study on their outside balcony, para daw hindi niya makita ang kanyang kama at baka daw ay antukin ulit siya. But then when we went out, there she was in a hammock, sleeping!

Natatawang napailing na lamang ako. Solenn's pretty smart just quite lazy. Oh well, baka may sarili rin siyang pamamaraan ng pag-aaral. Everyone's different anyway.

Maaliwalas ang kalangitan ngunit hindi kainitan. Malakas din ang hangin ngayong hapon. It's a peaceful afternoon. With the weather like this, no wonder Solenn fell asleep fast. It's so good to take a break and nap a bit.

I yawned involuntarily. I'm starting to feel tired as well. I've been studying hard for days and has been up most of the nights, too. Minsan nga ay hindi ko na nasasagot ang mga tawag ni Javier tuwing gabi dahil masyadong abala sa pag-aaral.

Napasandal ako sa wooden couch na inuupuan. I tapped my cheeks repeatedly trying to wash away my sleepiness. But with a few more blows from the cozy afternoon breeze, I failed miserably.

Naalimpungatan ako nang maramdaman ang mainit na haplos sa aking pisngi. My mind's still on the verge of sleep but I was able to open my eyes a bit. I saw a man squatting down in front of me.

''Jav?''

''Are you tired? I'll bring you home.''

When I heard his voice, I don't need to open my eyes again to confirm who's in front of me. I knew this man even in sleep.

I tapped the space beside me. ''Here, please.''

Hindi ko na alam ang sumunod na nangyari dahil muli akong nakatulog.

I just woke up feeling energized. Nang imulat ang mga mata, ang una kong nakita ay isang matipunong braso. Dikit ang aming mga katawan at tila ba'y nakadantay ang aking ulo sa kanyang balikat. When I trailed the vein in his arm, I found my arms intertwined with his. The man's hand is holding mine, as his thumb's drawing circles at the back of my palm.