32

Sana lahat may isa ring Javier de Leon. Char. Hello to the new readers of DTE! So happy that this story is gaining more readers. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 32
''Gift''

Our family travelled to France the remaining days of December. Javier and I still communicate with each other. I always sent him pictures of the places I go. And pictures of me too! He always requests a lot of it. And he also updates me of his whereabouts.

Hindi nga lang kami madalas nakakapagtagpo sa tamang oras para sa tawag. We only exchange messages. We were busy touring lots of places. The only time I'm free is when we are already back at our hotel. I'd send him a message but it's past midnight there already in the Philippines.

Just like today, we got back at eight o'clock in the evening. And it's already around two in the morning back in the Philippines. Yet, I still send him my picture while outside of the Louvre Museum. He'll be able to see it once he wakes up.

I gasped when Javier was able to respond fast.

Javier:

Can I call?

He didn't wait for my answer. My phone just rang with his name requesting for a video call.

I panicked a little. I wasn't able to shower and get dressed yet! I wanted to do all of that because I just arrived. But Javier must've been waiting for me the entire night. Thus, I answered the call.

''You should be sleeping now.'' I told him the moment I saw him on the screen.

Madilim na sa kanyang kwarto. There is only one dimmed light open beside the bed. Javier's already on his bed. Nakasandal sa headboard at nakatabon ang pangibabang kawatan sa ilalim ng kumot. Mukhang nakapatong din ang kanyang laptop sa kanyang binti.

''I can't sleep.'' his hoarse voice said.

Ngumisi ako. ''You've been missing me?''

''Yeah.''

He admitted it like it was nothing! While I, my heart leaped at that! Gosh, I miss him so much, too.

''You look so sleepy already.'' I said, caressing the screen, as if my hand would reach his.

''Not yet.'' aniya, at ginulo ang kanyang buhok gamit ang dalawang kamay. I bit my lip, watching him do that. ''How was your day?''

My eyes squinted at Javier. He really looked tired and was only trying to stay awake. I somehow wanted to end the call so he could rest.

''Baby, I'm fine.'' he said, like he read the expression on my face. ''I was reviewing while waiting for you.''

''Okay,'' I nodded. ''But after ten minutes let's end the call, okay?''

His forehead creased at the time limit I said.

''An hour.'' he demanded.

''An hour?!''

''Do you still have anything to do?''

Naguluhan ako. ''No, we're back at the hotel. But-''

''Then an hour, please.''

He said it softly like a whisper of a sweet promise. Now, I'm torn.

Pinagbigyan ko si Javier. I told him lots of stories about all the places we went to and things we did. At the middle of my animated talk, I noticed Javier's silence.

Huminto ako sa pagsasalita at tinitigan siyang mabuti. Mapupungay ang kanyang mga mata at dahil madilim, hindi ako naging sigurado kung nakapikit ba siya o hindi.