Chapter 50

My heart stops when I hear the door creak open.

"Max!" I whisper and nudge him

He groans for a second

"Max wake up" I say

I nudge him a little harder accidentally causing him to fall off the couch.

"what's wrong?" he says startled by the fall

"My parents are home. They can't see you!" I say still whispering

"Shit. uhhhh okay I can hide in...."

We start to hear footsteps coming up the stairs and I panic and take him to my room.

"Hide in my closet!" I say

He does as told and crams his 6'3 body in my stuffed closet.

I go to my parents to try to distract them for a minute.

"Hey sweetie!" They say in unison "what are you doing up so late?"

"I was studying for a test on koala births" I said blurting out the first thing that came I my mind

"Koala births?" My mom asks

"Yea. it's a really amazing process" I say

"Well ok. Oh honey we're going to Mandy's sweet sixteen this weekend so be sure to have a nice dress" my mom reminds me

"I don't have any nice dresses" I say

"Oh sure you do! They're in the back of your closet where you keep all of your crap"

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. She better not go to the closet.

Why did i tell him to hide in the closet? That's so cliche! My room has a window he could of easily have jumped out. sometimes I doubt I have a brain.

"Would you like me to show you some?" She asks

"No thanks mom that's completely unnecessary" I say leading her to the door

"What's the rush of getting rid of me?" she asks

I roll my eyes in my mind because if I did it right now she would give me an even longer speech an right now, I just want her to leave. My boyfriend might be suffocating right now.

"I just want to sleep" I say

"Ok" she says sadly "how's your obsession with Robert Downey jr going?"

"Great mom." I say in an irritated tone

She has been here for way too long already! Poor Max.

And then we hear a loud bang. Coming from my closet. Fuck.

"Oh dear what was that?" My mom rushed to the closet

"It's ok mom it's not like anyone got hurt" i say

My mom opens the closet doors wide open and there he is. Crunched up on the floor with my old makeup box on top of him.

My mom screams way too dramatically and stumbles back.

"Hi" says max nervously

"Oh hey Max! You almost gave me a heart attack!" She laughs "Naomi you didn't tell me we had Max over! I would of made brownies!"

What? Why is she so okay with this?

"Aww poor little Max. Why were you in the closet?" My mom asks

"I thought I would get in trouble..." I say

"IN TROUBLE?! Why contrary my dear Naomi! Why would you get in trouble?!"

Why is she not yelling at me?! I want her to yell at me

"Your not mad that I snuck him in and didn't tell you about it?" I say

"No" she answers

She gladly takes a relieved looking Max to the kitchen to stuff him with food.

My mom was kind of pissing me off. She's supposed to yell at me if I do things like this and be on the lookout for any bad behavior. It's like of she doesn't even care. Maybe it was just that she really trusts Max? I don't know.

I follow them downstairs still kind of confused.

"Oh and Mom, just in case you were wondering, I'm still a virgin" I say irritatedly

Let's see what she reacts to that

"Oh yes I know sweetheart" she chuckles

WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! ITS A LITTLE OFFENSIVE WHEN IT COMES FROM YOUR OWN MOM. ITS LIKE NOT EVEN SHE COULD BELIEVE THAT I COULD GET LAID.

I can see Max trying to contain himself from laughing.

Speechless and confused I just calmly walk upstairs while my Mom feeds Max pastries with a smile plastered on her face. If I would of sassed my mom like that in the past I would have gotten a 3 hour long speech on how to respect your parents. Dang, she must really like Max.