Chapter 40

So I guess me and Max are a thing now. We hold hands and kiss and do things couples do but were not dating. And we don't want to. My last experience with a boyfriend (Miles) didn't go great so were not putting labels on our relationship just yet.

Me and Miles haven't really talked at all since the incident. I guess we both just know that we have moved on. I don't know how I feel about that though. I want to clear things up with him. He looks like he's recovered. He looks more like his old self but theirs something that still isn't their. I try to decipher what it is but I usually just get weird looks for staring at my ex boyfriend.

I feel like it's my duty for him to be ok. We didn't date for that long but it definitely meant something to me. I'm just worried about him but I guess it's not my problem now. I can't bear to see him like this though. I want him to be happy and his old goofy smart ass self but he's not. Its like if someone completely sucked the fun out of him. I realize that it's probably because we aren't together but if that's the case then why doesn't he talk to me about it? I'm desperate for him to text me and for him to be ok. I just want my best friend back.