Chapter 30

Another month has passed since me and Miles had dinner with Lily. Things are still good. Everything is stable. Actually we are currently in the peak of our relationship. Everything is perfect.

Its almost time for the school day to be over. The bell rings, I go to my locker, Miles catches up. The usual.

"Heyy" he says

"Hi" I answer

"Soo.. Adam is having a party this weekend. Would you like to be my date?" He asks

"I would love to" i say "But this weekend is my aunts wedding ceremony. They're renewing their vows"

"Thats right" he says "nevermind then"

"You should still go though. You'll have a fun time and it will take all of the SAT stress away." I say

"No its okay. I don't want to go if your not gonna be there" he says with a glum expression

"Go" I say reassuringly

"You sure?" He asks

I nod

"Okay" he answers

We walk together to our cars and talk about sloths. When we arrive we kiss goodbye and hop in our cars. Miles takes off and i wait for a little to turn on the radio.

I start the car but the engine wont work. I start it again but nothing happened. I tried a few more times with still no success. I angrily walk outside and slam my car door with frustration. A guy walking past me jumps when he hears the loud sound and i giggle.

"You ok?" He asks with a smile

It was Dylan. The guy Louise and Hazel used to like. He's in my geometry class and he's really nice.

"Yea." i say "but my car wont start"

"Well, lucky for you my dads a mechanic" he says

He lifts off the roof of the car and examines all of the weird looking tubes. He rearranges some stuff and tells me to try it out. I hop in the car and start it. The engine makes a loud intimidating sound.

"Oh my gosh how did you do that?!" I ask happily

"I have no clue" he laughs in amazement

"So im guessing your dads not really a mechanic?"

"No he is" he says "i just never payed attention to a word he said"

"Oh ok" i laugh

"Well ill see you tomorrow" he says

"Yea" i say back

I watch him as he slowly walks away and notice he's turned around to look at me again. When he sees me notice he quickly turns his head to look forward.

I start my car and drive away to my house.