Chapter 106

A/N: This chapter is super short because I actually wrote it 6 years ago but I never posted it oops

The light shines on my face forcing me to wake up from the brightness. I rub my eyes and reach for Miles but notice that other than me, the bed is empty. I stroll out of my room in search of my boyfriend but find that no one is even in the apartment.

I pour myself some coffee and don't think much of it. My hands fumble for my phone to check the time.

10:27 am Nov 21st

I click my phone off and sip my coffee when my heart stops and I check my phone again to see if I wasn't imagining things.

10:27 am Nov 21st

"fuck fuck fuck" I mutter under my breath

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first time Miles and I kissed. It's not a big deal, we weren't even dating but I wish he would be here right now so I could spend it with him. Though I try to convince myself that nothing is wrong, I feel sort of down that he forgot. I can't wait till he gets back, not waking up next to him made me miss my teddy bear.

"hey" says Max from behind with a towel around his waist and wet hair

"hey"

"you ok?" he asks

"yea" I answer "uhh do you know where miles is?"

"oh yea he went with Harry to some classic car show" A small smile tugs on his lips as he goes inside his room

"oh ok"

Well, that's just fantastic. My ex-boyfriend's soon-to-be boyfriend took my boyfriend to a car show on the day that determined our relationship.

I shouldn't be upset about this though I should be happy that he's having fun with a new friend. I take a deep breath and look out the window. A grin spreads across my face when I see Miles in a tux riding Max's bike with flowers poking out of his book bag. I watch him fix his hair before he hops off of the bike, takes a deep breath, and walks to the front door.

My heart pumps with anxiousness and I can't take it any longer so I run out of the door and jump into his arms.

"Happy one year baby" he smiles and hugs me tighter

"I thought you forgot" I giggle when he spins me around

"are you kidding?" he smiles as we both enter Max's apartment "I would be crazy to forget our first smoochfest. Ok so I have a speech planned, are you ready?"

"mhmm" I nod and giggle

He takes out a scrunched-up piece of paper from his pocket and I'm surprised by how much writing is on it

"all right here it goes. A year ago today I was contemplating what to do. What shirt to wear on our movie date, if I should break up with melissa, and most importantly if I should keep it safe with my best friend also known as my muffin, or if I should make a move that would decide the rest of our future. I decided to go with a hideous shirt that I promise I will never wear again but that's not really the point" he laughs "I was infatuated with you. I had girlfriends to keep me busy so I wouldn't be so caught up with your beauty or your laugh because I knew that I couldn't lose something as precious as you so I always played it safe. But that night when we went to the movies I looked at you and I knew that I had to stop wondering. I couldn't just keep imagining what those lips would feel like against mine. I didn't want to only dream about you being in my arms. I needed to know what it felt like. So that day I decided that one glorious kiss would be worth it. So I did it. I kissed you and every moment from there was pure bliss. From that day I knew that I could not let you go. I knew that I would do anything so that you would be mine and I yours for as long as I live. You make my days brighter Naomi. You are both my best friend and the love of my life. You complete me."

He grabs the disheveled flowers from his backpack. "And I uhh got you these hydrangeas because I know they're your favorite flowers but they kind of got messed up because I was so eager to get here an-"

I grab his face and stop him mid-sentence with an eager kiss.

"Shut up, I love them" Happy tears stream down my face as I gladly take the flowers.

"awe baby why are you crying?" he chuckles wrapping me in his arms as he runs his fingers through my hair

"I don't know" I sniffle

"what you said was so beautiful. I'm just really happy" I giggle

He smiles and kisses my forehead. His hands gently wipe away my tears and he intertwines his fingers with mine.

"Can you believe that a year has passed since you kissed these sweet lips?" he adds cockily

"no, I honestly can't" I smile "By the way, you look really sexy in that tux"

"I would look even sexier between your legs" He smirks and my jaw drops as I turn around to make sure that Max didn't hear anything. Luckily he's still inside his room. "Oh come on don't pretend like he can't hear you at night moaning my name"

I can tell that my face is bright red from the way that Miles is laughing "I can't help it, you look so cute when you're flustered. I'm sorry baby ill stop teasing you" He says planting a kiss on my temple

"Asshole" I say as I jokingly push him away

"you're just going to have to make it up for me tonight" I shrug

"Gladly" He smirks bringing me back into his arms