Chapter 103

authors note: I'm so sorry for not posting in forever but thank you so much to those of you who are still reading (all 3 of you lol). I promise I'm going to try to publish more often now. Again thanks to people who are still reading, hope you guys like this chapter.

~A FEW MONTHS LATER~

I put on my sweater and look in the mirror. Ok I look decent enough.

Hazel is having a bonfire today and I'm excited to do something all together again. So far this year everyone has been so involved with school and relationships that we haven't done anything together as a group of friends since summer. We've been sadly drifting apart.

I step outside enjoying the cool temperature. It's finally getting a little chilly.

When I arrive at hazels house I see a few cars parked. I knock on the door and Hazel answers immediately.

"Hey!" she smiles and gives me a big hug

"hi!" I giggle

I step in her warm house and see Adam and Courtney by the kitchen.

When I see Adams arms my eyes widen.

"holy shit" I blurt out

Adams face lights up and he bursts into laughter.

"how? when did you even-? what?"

Adam laughs even harder at my reaction.

I stand amazed at the amount of ink that covers Adams arm. It's his whole sleeve actually.

"I've been wearing long sleeves at school so no one would notice" he smiles

"tonight would be the 'big reveal'" he says making air quotes around "big reveal"

"I love it!" I beam "it looks so good!"

It honestly does. Somehow it suits him. All of the tattoos are black which I'm a fan of. I'm not into color tattoos.

"How much did it hurt?" I ask

"Like fucking hell" he laughs "at one point I felt like it was getting harder to breathe and I thought I was going to pass out"

"oh my god"

"I'm kidding" he smiles "it wasn't that bad but it does hurt"

"when did you even get these?" I ask still astonished with the fact that he successfully hid them

"most of them I got done Sunday morning" he says

"Woah"

More and more people arrive and by 7 pm, mostly everyone is here.

I step outside to the back patio and see Henry sitting down alone.

"hey" I smile

"hey Naomi" he smiles back

"..can I sit with you?" I ask

"of course"

I sit and after a moment of silence, he speaks again.

"how do I deal with this?" he asks "how do people go through this?"

"I don't know" I confess

Ever since Henry proposed to Monett she's been ignoring him, pretending as if they never even dated. She's even starting to move on from him. I feel so bad for him.

After Henry pours out his feelings to me, people start to gather around the bonfire and Henry and I join them.

"Awee I'm so glad we're all back together again!" smiles hazel "well, most of us"