Chapter 8

I wake up the next morning not knowing what to expect. Is miles gonna keep dating Melissa? Is he gonna break up with her? Is she gonna find out about him cheating? All these thoughts swirl through my mind.

I get to language arts just in time but I don't see miles. I poke my head to look at the hallway but all I see are some guys probably drug dealing.

I turn around and see a slut named Mikenzie flirting with our teacher Mr. Henry. I never liked her. Actually I think no one likes her.

The day went by extremely slow without miles' smart talk or him making the class laugh. I miss his voice and his personality and his scent. I tried to focus in class but all I could think of was how slow and perfect our kiss was. He's a really good kisser. Even better than Dane. I replayed that scene the whole day.

When I got to lunch I really started thinking. Why isn't miles here? Is he okay? Is dealing with Melissa too much to handle? Again, my mind fills up with endless possibilities.

For the first time today, a thought occurs to me. Why don't I just text him?

"Hey everything ok?" I type

I anxiously wait for an answer but nothing happens. When were about to leave lunch I get a text saying

"Yea I'm fine. I got in a small car crash but I'm ok."

"Are u at home?" I ask

"I'm at the hospital but I'll get out soon" he says "don't worry it's just a small cut"

Knowing miles I know it's not just a small cut. I get my stuff and head to my car. I need to see if he's ok.

I arrive at the hospital about 15 minutes later. I tell the lady I'm here to see miles teller and she lets me right in.

I enter the room and see a bruised up miles with a few cuts on his face.

"Hey muffin" he tries to say with a smile

"Hey" I say back

When I walk closer I notice that he has a cut on his side that got stitched up. He's receiving blood from a tube that's injected in his arm.

"Okay so maybe I lied a little" he says "I didn't want to worry you"

"I see" I say while examining him for other injures

"I just lost blood, that's it" he says while wrinkling his nose "I was driving and a little girl crossed the street, making me swerve, causing the car to flip a few times. No biggie"

I laugh at his sarcasm. I bring a chair next to the bed and sit on it.

"Did I miss anything?" He asks

"Only Mikenzie pretty much violating mr.henry with just her eyes" I say

"How pleasant. You know, that seat looks awfully uncomfortable. I have an idea! Why don't you come here next to me." He says patting the spot next to him

I smile and hop on the bed gently so his wounds won't hurt.

"Is this even allowed?" I say

"Probably not" he answers

I hug him sideways and make sure I don't hurt his cuts. I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. he wraps his arm around me and gently kisses my forehead. My lips form a smile all on their own. I squeeze him a bit tighter. I hope I don't hurt him. I missed him so much. I feel like I can't even go an hour without him. I crave him.