Chapter 33

The next day at school I couldn't wait to finally see Miles. I went a whole weekend without seeing him. I'm pretty sure that's a record. When I see him I run up to him and hug him from behind. I could tell he wasn't expecting it. I kiss him and walk around so I could face him.

"How was your weekend?" I say happily

He looks oddly uncomfortable with the subject and tries to talk about something else

"How was yours?" He says

"Horrible" I answer

I tell him all about my experience and that I met Max and how boring the reception was. He listened attentively through the whole thing.

"Max sounds like a real douchebag" he says

"He was" I say rolling my eyes at the annoying memory

I could tell miles was acting different. He was completely out of it. He was still nice and polite but he didn't have his usual spark. It was completely gone.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned

"What are you talking about?"

He knows darn right what I'm talking about

"You seem upset about something. Did I do anything?" I ask worried

"No of course not" He says right after

"Then what's wrong?" I ask

"Nothing" he says with a solemn smile

I just let it go. Maybe he needs some space. I know that he's lying. I'm just hoping that he's okay.

The rest of the day miles still looked upset. After school the bell rings and Miles comes up to me.

"Hey" he says

"Hey" I say with a smile

I'm trying to infect him with happiness and smiles but it's not really working.

"Can we talk" he asks

I knew this would happen

"Of course" I say

We go to our famous secret spot and sit on the floor.

"What's wrong?" I say worried

I notice his eyes getting watery and red. Now I'm really concerned. My eyes start to water too because I'm afraid of what he's going to say. He stays quiet for a while and I can tell he's trying to contain himself from bursting out tears.

"Miles please tell me what's wrong" My voice chokes

His mouth starts to open as if he's about to say the word "i" but he closes it and says nothing. I'm mainly worried for him but also a little mad because he won't trust me.

Miles gives me a hug and stays their quietly crying into my shoulder. I start to really cry now.

"Miles please tell me! It's okay" I say desperately

He pulls away and takes a few deep breaths.

"I..." He stutters

Good. At least were getting somewhere now.

"I cheated on you" he says

That was it. That was his breaking point. He sobs and sobs and breaths and tries to calm down but he fails. I try to say something but I can't. I'm not even sure what I was planning to say, but whatever it was, it would not come out.

"At Adam's party I got drunk and I cheated on you. I'm not even going to try to lie. She didn't seduce me or anything I was the one that led her on. I cheated on you. I cheated on the person that I love most in this world. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Naomi." He takes my hand desperately

I could barely decipher what he was saying. He's a mess. Tears are uncontrollably streaming out his face and I still have no words for what had just happened. Its like I cant even believe that Miles, my Miles, would do that. He wouldn't. He's joking. But as much as I tried to convince myself that it wasn't true. It WAS true. It DID happen and their is no escaping that. I have been cheated on by the love of my life and sadly, I feel nothing.

Miles desperately stares at me to try to make out my expression. His eyes pleaded me for an answer. but I didn't give him one. I put on my book bag and left.