Chapter 39

The alarm clock beeped telling me to wake up. I almost stabbed it with the butter knife I keep in my drawer. Don't ask. Today was the day where I had no clue what was going to happen or what I'm going to do. Let's just hope for the best.

I pull up to my school and walk to 1st period. As I walk I feel an arm pull me to the side. I let a shriek out of fear. But it was just Max.

"Hey" he says

"Uhhh hi." I say "your not supposed to be here"

"I know, but I wanted to see you" he says

"Oh... well... hi" I smile

"Hi" he smiles back

"Oh yea, I got you this" he says pulling something out of his bookbag. it was a box of ferrero rochers. Once I saw the beautiful gold wrapping, my mouth watered and I got super excited.

"THANK YOU!" I hug him tightly

"Your welcome" he laughs at my excitement

"I'm sorry but I really need to go to first period now" I say

"Yea me too" he answers

He gives me one last unexpected hug and leaves. I turn back to see him but he was no longer in sight.

When I go to first period, Mrs. Alexander put me in as late. That's like the tenth time this month. I don't care though because I got chocolate!

The bell rang indicating that it's time for Mr. Henry's class! Oh joy I get to see Miles! I get to class early so theirs only a couple of people inside. I chose a seat in the corner so I can have a less of a chance to sit next to Miles. Miles came in last so he just took whichever seat was empty. He looked different. I think it's his hair. Or maybe it was the way that he walked. Almost as if he didn't have a purpose. Or maybe it was the redness of his eyes or the bags under them . Whatever it was, he did not look ok.

Mr. Henry noticed and called him out to the side. They whispered some stuff and Miles left the classroom. He didn't come back until like half an hour later. He still looked just as bad. I tried to concentrate on my work but I couldn't do it. I'm worried about him.

When it was time for lunch I could not sit at the same table he was at. It would be too weird and awkward. I scan the lunch room to see where I could sit.

1. Grunge group who think they're too cool for anyone
2. Horny nerds
3. Pedophelic drug dealers
4. Starbucks group
5. Emo lesbians
6. Cheerleaders
7. Ghetto chicks with hoops the size of my leg
8. Max

Obviously I go with number 3. Just kidding that was sarcasm.

Max sees me look for a place to sit and signals me to sit with him. I sit with Max and a bunch of other really cool seniors. They're all crazy but really great. They're all talking about getting high. Max isn't really into the conversation though. This girl named Jamie is telling me about one time that she went cliff diving and James Franco saved her life by giving her mouth to mouth. I'm pretty sure she's high. Max was on his phone. I wish he would talk to me more.

"Sorry about that, my friend was dealing with a love crisis" he smiles

"What's the crisis?" I ask

"He ran out of condoms" Max says. and then adds "and he's really horny"

"What about a balloon?" I ask

"A balloon! That's so smart!" He says

He texts his friend to tell him to use a balloon. A few minutes later we get a text saying that the balloon broke. I gasp and burst out into laughter. Max laughs too. I keep giggling and Max keeps staring at me like I'm a puppy.

"Your so cute" he says with his perfect smile

I try to answer but I keep laughing from the balloon breaking image. Instead, Max leans in and kisses my cheek melting my insides. I keep giggling, and keep giggling. It's probably from the embarrassment I'm feeling. I just now noticed that I laugh A LOT. Max gives me another kiss on the cheek, and another and another. He kept giggling in between kisses too which was adorable. We both finally stopped laughing and the whole table was staring at us like if they just saw two infants making love. I didn't care though. It was perfect.