Chapter 14

It's Tuesday. Boy oh boy am I excited to see Mikenzie today. That was sarcasm btw. I think of staying home but their is a tiny ray of hope miles will talk to me so that is why I decide to go. Plus my parents won't let me stay.

I go to geometry. Think of miles. Go to my locker. Think of miles. Walk to language arts. Think of miles. He needs to get out of my brain or I'm gonna fail in life.

He appears next to me

"Hey" he says "what you thinking about?"

"Exams" I lie

"Don't worry you'll be just fine. in fact your gonna get them all right" he says

"Well I have a great tutor" I say

He just looks at me and smiles.

When we get to the classroom I put my book bag on my seat and go on my phone until mr.henry arrives.

I feel tiny hands push me and I stumble back.

"You think I was kidding when I told you to stay away huh?!" Mikenzie says loudly

I'm standing against the wall trying to remain calm.

"You think your so cool because you don't follow my orders? Your hilarious."

I don't say anything. I don't know what to say. I'm not very confrontational.

"Your pathetic. STAY AWAY FROM MILES! OR ELSE" she threatens me

I'm actually scared even though I know she cant beat me up. She's way too small. I wonder if she's even 5 feet tall.

Then I feel something my lips. What. the. hell. Is Mikenzie kissing me?! But they were familiar lips. It's not Mikenzie. I'm too shocked to move.

When our lips part I see Miles beside me.

"Hey cutie" he says

he looks at Mikenzie and says "you were saying?"

Mikenzie looks like she's about to explode into little bits of Mikenzie. Anger and frustration take over her. Her face gets extremely red and she heads to her seat. Relief fills within me. I didn't get in trouble and miles kissed me! Prince Charming saves the day.

"Your welcome" Miles says "she looked like she was going to eat you alive"

"Thanks, I was about to die" I reply

"Anytime" he says

We head to our seats. Mr Henry arrives with his everyday water bottle and begging the lesson.

What just happened?