Chapter 27: Four-Ever

"What are the numbers like now?" Santana asked Brittany as she paced the floor behind her. It was the first day of Thanksgiving break, her single had been launched that morning, and now she was in the board room at Blackbird Records, with Rachel and Brittany there for support.

"You've got 300,000 views!" Brittany exclaimed. "Views are frozen!"

"How many likes?" Santana asked.

Brittany looked back down at her laptop screen and exclaimed, "50,000!"

"This is so amazing!" Rachel celebrated, so happy for her friend doing so well in her second single. "Finn told me that all the kids have been tweeting about it and hashtagging it and what not."

"Why does he follow them on Twitter?" Santana wondered as the door opened up and Sebastian walked in, a smile on his face.

"There's my leading artist," he grinned.

"I'm so excited!" Santana responded. "But wait... What about Crystal Army? I haven't even checked how their song was doing all weekend?"

"They are at number 25 on the charts," he sighed. "But we had an end-of-the-week release so that was to be expected. And that number isn't bad. We're expecting them to do better. And we definitely know that 'Since U Been Gone' will be a top forty hit, seeing as it's got almost a million downloads just in the first few hours since it came up for download."

Santana's smile grew even wider and she began to dance around the room.

"So I was hoping," Sebastian rubbed his hands together, "that this means you cut the hate on Vasquez."

"I'm sorry?" Santana's smiled faded. "Are you seriously making my moment about her?"

"It's not that," Sebastian said, trying to ignore the fact that they had an audience. "It's just that I need you two to work together, not against each other."

"So why aren't you telling her?" she crossed her arms calmly.

"Because she's not the one threatening the other," Sebastian responded, eliciting melodramatic gasps from Brittany and Rachel.

"Whatever," Santana responded, though clearly she wasn't happy. "If Little Miss Wannabe Mariah Carey Bratz-MyScene Hybrid Doll wants to continue to prance around her tiny little lizard body across the studio like she's the only artist we're supposed to care for, then that's fine. From what I've heard, that's how she works. But remember that I made it through three years of Rachel Berry," Rachel opened her mouth but couldn't say much, "so I know how to push the star out of the limelight."

Santana stormed out of the room, Brittany smiling at seeing that typical Lopez fire again, and Sebastian smiling because he was somehow amused by all of this.

***

"I hate carrots!" Bree cried out when she walked into her living room, where Kitty was typing rapidly on her computer and Julie was tapping a pencil against a notepad to a beat she was trying to come up with.

They both looked up and Kitty laughed as she asked, "What did the little orange things do?"

"You know those two actresses who I had selected as the faces of my junior line?" Bree asked them. Not waiting for them to confirm their knowledge of this, she continued, "One of them was eating a salad today and choked on a carrot! Apparently, she made it herself for the first time ever and forgot to make the carrots into shavings, instead just chopping one up and tossing it in there."

"That's awful," Julie said, concerned for the girl's health.

"But you still have the other one, right?" Kitty asked.