Chapter 49: A Kiss Part 1

Posting this a bit early because I need to go and study for the rest of the night. Have fun reading this!
———————————————————————————————-

When the day began, Jesse walked proudly into the choir room, where Autumn was handing out Valentine Cards, Kayli was taking selfies with Clint sitting behind her, Brianna and Jeremy were giggling in a corner as she cuddled a teddy bear, and the rest of the students sat around casually. Helen watched the other couples as Jackson watched her, all of their goofing around interrupted by Jesse.

"Ok, listen up!" he began.

"Where's Mr. Hudson?" Drew asked.

Jesse turned to her and answered, "On his way to New York to surprise his wife with their daughter for Valentine's Day."

"Aww..." a few of them mumbled.

"What about your girlfriend?" Riley asked, her arms crossed.

"She's at work but we have plans for later in the evening," Jesse told them. "Anyway, for glee club, we will, as is tradition, celebrate Valentine's Day by making it Valentine's week. That's right—a week about love songs!"

A few of the students cheered, while others were less than pleased by the assignment. Still, Jesse didn't care, as this was as simple as an assignment could get and he wanted the kids to be into it.

He didn't bother writing on the board, but he did say, "Also, another tradition is that we help out the Christian Club and Student Council during a week of raising funds."

Autumn stood up and announced, "The Christian Club is selling serenades. I am the only glee club member in it, but we also welcome anyone else from here to participate in the serenades."

"For how much?" Jared asked.

"You have a girl you want to woo?" Kayli asked, laughing.

"No," he rolled his eyes. "I was just asking her a question."

Autumn nodded and answered, "They will be five dollars."

"And for an additional five," Stewart added, "StuCo is selling Valentine Grams. That is, little bags of chocolate, lollipops, and other yummy treats wrapped into one cute arrangement to give to your loved ones, whether that be a boyfriend, girlfriend, teacher, parent, friend, classmate, enemy. Whomever you want."

"Ok, got it?" Jesse clapped his hands and grinned at the kids so widely that they were slightly terrified. "Support each other!"

"Mr. St. James," Brianna raised her hand. "I have a song I'd like to sing. I prepared it for the week anticipating the announcement."

"Boo!" Riley chanted as Brianna walked to the front. She ignored her classmate, however, and gave the band a signal to begin. When the music played, the rest of the students who weren't currently too angry at Clint to smile cheered for her.

["Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer.]

Brianna: Kiss me out of the bearded barley. Nightly, beside the green, green grass. Swing, swing, swing the spinning step. You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

She walked over to Jeremy and grabbed one of his hands, making him start to feel all sweaty and nervous.

Brianna: Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight. Lead me out on the moonlit floor. Lift your open hand. Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance. Silver moon's sparkling. So kiss me.

She backed up and sang to the rest of the group. Walking over to Kayli, she grabbed Clint's arm and put it around her. Clint, however, quickly removed it and glanced over at Riley, who rolled her eyes at him.