Chapter 18: A Mika Story Part 2

The first part of the first Gleedo is up. And I've got a lot more I want to do but I can't seem to find the time for it. Anyway, there's some interesting things coming up after this chapter, but we're going to have a two-part Halloween special first (will be posting one during Glee tomorrow and the other over the weekend) and then the real action begins. So bear with me. I know you all love drama and so do I. I will get to that, I promise. 
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for coming over," Kitty said as John walked through her front door and followed her over to the living room. When they sat down, he was more than confused, but didn't say a word, as he didn't know what was coming. Meanwhile, Kitty continued, "We were in love once, right?"

"Kitty," John felt the need to say, "I care about you but you and I will never—"

"—ever get back together, yes, I know, Taylor Swift said it first," Kitty told him, stopping him before he could say more. "That's not where I was going with this. I was actually just wondering why we didn't work out. You've told different tales at times. When we broke up, you said it was because you couldn't give me what I wanted. But I'm sure you knew I didn't need you for that. I gave myself what I wanted. But... Then when we were doing Rent and we lost Bree and I was pushing Julie to be honest with Sam and you were doing the opposite... You said that I constantly ignored what you wanted and that I meddled in other people's lives too much. Do you think that's it?"

John barely remembered any of the things he'd said to her that day, so he struggled to come up with an answer that would satisfy her. Uncomfortably, he responded, "I think most of what I said back then was to discredit you with Julie because I thought what you were asking of her would just mess with her heart. And then I went ahead and tried to get Sam to do the same so it really wasn't a well-thought out plan. But why I really think we didn't work out is because we've never been on the same page. We got together so quickly that we never got to see the fact that our lives were headed in opposite directions. And you were insanely jealous, so there's also that."

Kitty gaped at him and gasped, "I was not!"

"Marley?" John reminded her.

"In my defense, you did develop feelings for her," she defended herself.

John sighed, "Not while I was with you. I really only had eyes for you. You make it hard to forget."

"Then why can't I have a single relationship that makes sense?" she blurted, making John finally understand what this was all about. "I've been racking my brain about this all day and I can't figure it out. Jake, you, Artie, Vince, Luke... None of it has made sense and none of it lasted. You were my longest relationship. You realize that?"

"I don't think any of those relationships were meant to last," John shrugged. "Think about it this way. If all of those had worked, you'd be in Julie's position. All of her past relationships had made sense, so much that she can't make up her damn mind."

"True, that's pretty annoying," she nodded. "Ok, so how do I move forward without feeling like other than my career I won't have anything else to live for?"

"First, stop being a drama queen," he said bluntly, getting up and walking towards the door so that he could escape the soap opera as quickly as possible. "And second and most important... Give yourself time. You never know when your one true love will walk right through this door." He opened it and sighed when Jake appeared, with Riley leading the way into the house.

"I'll be in my room," she mumbled, heading up the stairs in a haste.

Kitty got up, staring at Jake, so John said, "No, no, no, no, no. Don't even think about it."