Chapter 65: A Day in the Life of Shana

When Shana woke up a week later, things felt different. She had woken up early, for one thing, so she was able to catch Albany before she went to work.

"Good morning!" Shana exclaimed as she interrupted Albany in the middle of eating cereal.

"Hey babe!" Albany greeted her. "You're up early. To what do I owe that surprise?"

"I don't know!" Shana exclaimed, taking a seat beside her. "I just felt like getting up already and starting my day. That's all!"

"Awesome," Albany shrugged. "Today is going to be such a great day, Shana. Yesterday was April 1st which means that the rest of my seniors heard back from the colleges they were waiting on and I'm so excited to know. Brianna has her heart set on Mount Holyoke. She wants to dance there and it's an all-girl school, which is great. It's so exciting. Jared already knows he wants to go to Ohio State. It's the football tradition, you know? But my hope for him is that yesterday he heard good news from Dartmouth because that's the kind of level a guy like him should be shooting for. Then there's Clint. He's moved onto the next round for NYADA and I really think despite the Regionals lost his chances are high. Jackson is going to Minnesota State and all that is needed now is for Stewart to tell me he got into Harvard, which I'm sure he did! And that's just the glee kids!"

Shana exhaled loudly. "Wow... Sounds like an exciting day. I'm glad I didn't go to college. That's a lot of stress."

"It's not for everyone," Albany agreed. "I'm just a bit sad I'll have to talk to a few of my students who won't be going to college but wanted to and... I don't know. On another note, Julie's album is at number twelve, which is pretty great for a debut!"

"That is great!" Shana nodded.

"Yeah, I'm actually not going to have lunch with you because she wants to talk to me," Albany continued. "She said something pretty big happened last week and she's been wanting to talk about it but I'm always off doing something else and... Anyway, I need to talk to her finally. So I'll just see you at dinner, ok?"

"Ok," Shana nodded. "And what about—"

"Hmm," Albany stood up suddenly. "I'm running so late now. I'll see you later, babe. Bye!"

Before Shana could get in one more word, Albany rushed out. She stayed in her chair, alone, and wondered whether Luke would even wake up in the next three hours.

***

The next thing Shana did was try to hang out with Amity. They were best friends but the last week had been weird, what with Amity playing mind games with Alex and babysitting her 18-year-old sister. But now things were back to normal and that would hopefully mean that they could hang out.

When Shana walked into the studio, things were messy. People ran around everywhere, the artists were nowhere to be found, and she didn't recognize any members of the label.

It wasn't until she reached the board room that she overheard what was happening. "So we'll get someone to fill in for John then," Sam was saying. "Or it'll just be the three of us."

"We can't just put anyone in John's place," Alex responded.

"And guys, I already said I can't make it either," Tyler added.

"What do we do then?" Sam asked. "Because just the two of us is going to be a little pathetic. We need at least one more member to be able to say it's a Crystal Army performance, don't you think?"

"What's going on?" Shana interrupted shamelessly.

The guys looked up and she saw that Sebastian was also there. Suddenly terrified, she considered leaving but stayed when Alex answered, "We've been invited to participate in this massive concert tomorrow to raise funds for that hurricane in Galveston."