Chapter 62: Tired of Playing

"Just don't do anything please," Julie begged as she and Alex left their apartment. They'd been back in Lima for less than a day and he was eager to confront Sebastian. She was not so eager.

"I can't just see him there and not tell him something," Alex shook his head, leading her outside. "He put you at risk. How are you not angry?"

"I knew he was a bit off," Julie muttered. "Anyway, we just got back, we're going to be with all of our friends... I really don't want more people to know I have a problem."

Alex sighed. She was right. They had all been invited to a friendly soccer game with prominent town figures, which included many of their friends. The press was going to be there and the last thing Julie needed was for her struggles to appear all over the media.

"I'll have a hard time as it is with photo ops with Andy," she rolled her eyes. Alex chuckled as they got into his car. It was going to be a fun event indeed.

***

"This is so sexist," Bree complained as she stood with Julie, Harmony, Kitty, Amity, Santana, Peyton and Shana in cheerleading uniforms. "Why take the big names in town and, just for being female, put them into these outfits while the males get to play the game?"

"Do you want to play the game?" Shana asked him.

"No," she responded. The girls laughed and Santana rolled her eyes. She was only doing this for the publicity and pretty much ignored all of the other women of Western Ohio, young and old, who were participating in the town event.

Meanwhile, Albany, Luke, Jake and a few of the others sat together in the bleachers, along with the other non-famous members of the area.

"Aren't you playing?" Albany asked Jake.

"Yeah," he said. "I'm just waiting for Sam. He told me to stand guard here."

"Stand guard for what?" Luke added curiously.

***

While Jake wasn't too sure what the answer was, Sam was busy making sure nobody else found out. He and Alex waited in the stadium parking lot, which wasn't very big to begin with, until Sebastian's infamous, black SUV drove by.

Unfortunately, he wasn't alone. They had to wait until the group of Warblers he'd brought with him had gone off, and then it was time to act.

"Ok, you go through the front," Alex ordered. "Distract him and I'll take care of everything else."

Sam nodded and jogged over to Sebastian, who was just about to follow behind his boys. "What are you doing here?" Sebastian asked. "You should be warming up."

"We're playing against central Ohio," Sam rolled his eyes. "It's a bunch of old politicians."

"They're in shape," Sebastian warned. "Besides, I'm playing and I happen to be very fast."

Sam nodded. He had a burning desire to speak up about Julie but Alex managed to convince him not to, ensuring him he had a better plan for revenge.

"I actually came by because I need an air pump," he said. "I was told you have one in your trunk."

"Well, yeah..." Sebastian shrugged. "But why do you need one?"

"For my... tires..." Sam lied.

"Ok..." Sebastian responded suspiciously.

His guard up, he walked to his truck and made his way to the back just as Alex crept around the other way. While Sebastian unlocked his car, Alex peered around the side and gave Sam a thumbs up. The two stepped into their positions while Sebastian looked around his trunk, where a mess of mostly show choir related things was making it hard to see.