Chapter 60: I Will Never Let You Know

There are approximately twenty chapters left. That seems like a lot but they go by quickly! And though normally two chapters represent one week of time passing in the story, these next three will be a little different. This is a bit overdue but I have a job so I can't help that my days are cut even shorter now! Imagine what I'll be like when I have to be in school and also working! Whoa!

---------------------------

"Julie!" Alex called out as he carried the last couple of suitcases to the entrance. "Time to-" His voice trailed off when he opened the door and saw John there, ready to knock. "Go..."

"Where are we going?" John asked eagerly.

Alex put down the suitcases he was carrying and crossed his arms. "We're not going anywhere," he answered. "But Julie and I are."

"Where?" John asked curiously.

"Don't worry about it," Alex uncrossed his arms and reached for the suitcases once again.

"Wait, are you mad at me or something?" John asked.

Alex sighed as he put the suitcases back down again. "What do you think?" he responded. "You ruined Sam's wedding. Aside from Vasquez and me, he was supposed to be your best friend. If that's how you treat best friends, then we don't need you tagging along with us anywhere."

John shook his head. "It's not like that," he said. "I did it for Julie. You told me-"

"I know what I told you and I told you she didn't want to do anything," Alex responded. "And don't come to me with the 'this was for Julie' tale because I know this was about Mandy, ok? You can tell Julie and Sam otherwise. But if you can lie like that to the people you've known practically your whole life then.. I can't imagine the kind of lies you could've been willing to tell me, too. Have a nice time pretending you didn't just screw up these people's lives for your own selfish reasons. Meanwhile, I'll be trying to pick up the pieces. Again."

He grabbed the suitcases and made his way past John. The latter closed his eyes and when he opened them found himself with Julie staring right at him.

"You and Mandy really..?" Julie began. "Those weren't just rumors, were they?"

John didn't answer. Julie nodded and grabbed the last of her things-a bag and a pillow-before heading out the door and saying, "Don't bother locking up. Dan is dropping by for my keyboard."

Julie left and John stood in their empty apartment. Of all the people he expected to be upset, those two weren't on the list.

***

Sam sat in the back of his private jet, his head leaning on the window, and waited for take off. Pretty soon, he'd be on his way to Hawaii and if all went as he wished, Mandy would catch up with him and they could reconnect.

When the doors finally opened, however, Sam was surprised to see not Mandy but Alex joining him. "What are you-" he began to ask, stopping when he saw Julie follow behind him. She was also shocked to see him. "What is he doing here?" she asked Alex.

"What am I doing here?" Sam asked. "It's my plane! What are you doing here?"

"It's our plane," Alex corrected him. "All band members own it equally."

"But I'm using it," Sam told him.

"Then I guess we'll have to share it," Alex shrugged, grinning in Julie's direction.

She shook her head and said, "I'm out."

"Good," Sam mumbled, leaning back against the window as she tried to leave, stopped by Kitty.