Chapter 57: Countdown

This chapter shall be short and fast-paced because I'm too busy to write long, detailed chapters but I don't wanna leave y'all hanging. It's almost wedding day!!

Side note... I need new shows to binge watch this summer (or just a new show that you recommend, even if it only has one episode out!) so let me know of any that you like. It will be a challenge to find shows I don't already watch :P

------------------

Monday, March 15... 5 days until the wedding...

With one more week left until the wedding, Mandy and Bree were extremely busy. When John walked into the store, where they, along with Peyton and Harmony, were making sure all arrangements were ready, Mandy panicked and turned away from the door.

"What's up?" Peyton greeted him merrily. "We heard you got wasted last night. How's the hangover?"

"I'm adjusting," John smiled at her. "Mandy, can I talk to you outside for a minute?"

"Umm..." Mandy hesitated. "I'm actually very busy right now."

"You're fine," Bree told her. "Go. We'll take care of things here." Mandy frowned, not liking that answer at all, but not wanting to look suspicious, she followed John outside of the store.

"What is it?" Mandy asked nervously, not looking him in the eye.

"I just thought..." John began, not sure what to tell him exactly. "I think we should talk about last night."

"Last night?" Mandy feigned ignorance. "I... I don't know what you mean. Did we talk last night?"

"Mandy..." John gave her a look. "Nobody else is listening and I haven't said anything. You don't have to pretend you don't know."

"No, John, I really don't know," she lied. "I'm sorry if we did talk, I just... I was really drunk and the last thing I remembered was me doing some shots in there. According to Bree, she took me straight home, so I don't see how we could've possibly crossed paths."

John watched her suspiciously and nodded. "Ok," he told her, a bit disappointed. "I guess... I'll just let you get back to it then."

"Ok," she nodded, waving goodbye, forcing a smile and then heading back to the store. When she was inside, she began to freak out. "Bree, can I see you in your office?"

"Just give me a-" Bree responded.

Mandy shook her head and said, "No, right now!"

Bree looked up at her, surprised, and said, "Ok, ok... Bridezilla..."

Mandy raced to the office and waited for Bree to join her. When they were alone, she closed the door and said, "I have a problem. A very, very big problem."

"But..." Bree said slowly. "Didn't you get your period last week?"

"Not that kind of problem," Mandy rolled her eyes. In a hushed voice, she said, "I k... ohn..."

"What?" Bree got in closer, not understanding a thing.

"I kissed John," Mandy said a bit more loudly, crossing her arms and looking away. Bree's jaw dropped. Before she could scream, Mandy put her hand on her mouth and stopped her. "It was an accident!" she exclaimed. "I was drunk, it was dark, and I thought he was Sam. At first..."

"At first?" Bree exclaimed, her voice muffled.

"Shh!" Mandy hissed. "I don't want anyone to hear... Here's the thing. I kissed him thinking it was Sam. He kissed back and then I realized who it was and apologized. But he told me not to and kept kissing me! Obviously he was really drunk, more so than I was, and I pulled away but... For a second, I... For a second I knew it was him and kissed back. Just a second but... I feel awful."