Chapter 72: The One Where Sam Finds Out

"I can't believe there's another wedding tomorrow," Kitty sighed as she sat with Bree at the Welsh boutique, with Bree making some of the finish touches on Quinn's dress to make sure it fit around her growing belly.

"I just hope mine doesn't end in disaster," Quinn muttered nervously, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "My sister is arriving tonight with her husband and I'm really nervous about seeing them. They didn't bring their kids so at least our place won't be super insane. But they should be here in time for the rehearsal dinner."

"Which we weren't invited to," Bree made a face.

"Again, I'm sorry!" Quinn exclaimed. "My mom insisted on making it a very intimate thing. It'll be our immediate families, Finn and Rachel, Sam, Mercedes, Puck, Will and Emma... Santana, Brittany, Tina."

"No Blaine and Kurt?" Kitty asked.

Bree turned to her and said, "They aren't coming, remember? Little Camilla is sick."

"Oh, poo," Kitty responded. "Well, I'm more interested in the reception anyway. It's going to suck, just being there by myself."

"Why don't you take Jake as your date again?" Quinn asked her mindlessly. "You two photograph beautifully."

Kitty stiffened. "Uh... No... No, I think I want something different. I RSVPed a plus one but I didn't even have anyone in mind. Don't want to leave an empty seat."

Quinn laughed as Bree said, "I think I can set you up with someone. One of my cousins is in Michigan and planned on coming down at some point next week anyway. Maybe he can be here tomorrow evening for the reception."

"Is he hot?" Kitty asked.

"Umm..." Bree replied. "He's my cousin. But yes, I'm sure you'll be all giddy about him. He's eccentric but nothing more than what we're used to."

"Ok," Kitty nodded. "Set me up with him. Who are you taking? Let me guess. No one?"

Bree smiled and said, "Not exactly."

***

"So what are you going to wear?" Stefan asked Bree over the phone. "Since we're going to be a couple, I don't want us to clash."

He could sense her rolling her eyes before saying, "We're not a couple. A pair, perhaps. But not a couple, that's nauseating. I just came to the realization that you're perfect eye candy, great company, and a fantastic way to evade everyone's questions about my love life."

"So like you're beard-skirt person," Stefan responded, "but in a heterosexual way..?"

"That's right!" she exclaimed. "To answer your question, I'm wearing teal. So try to match or opt for black-and-white."

"Got it," Stefan nodded.

***

While they made arrangements for the wedding, Alex made arrangements of his own. He had been pretty MIA in the earlier part of the week, but had been looking forward to the wedding, and now it was time to sit Julie down for an important conversation.

As they sat down together in the board room after a writing session, he said, "So... I have a date for the wedding."

"Really?" Julie raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"I don't know!" he admitted. "I asked Leila to set me up with someone and I think she's getting me a date with a supermodel."

"Oh..." Julie nodded. "That's great."

"What about you?" he asked.

She stopped and said, "What about me?"

With a laugh, Alex explained, "You are taking a date, right? Andy, Shawn what's his face, Sam, Jake, Luke, the Pope, someone."