Chapter 54: New Perspective

"You're back!" Bree jumped up when Julie returned to the board room.

"Oh you're still here..." an exhausted Julie responded. "I thought you had left."

"No I wanted to wait," Bree sighed. "I didn't think you'd take that long. I took a nap and—You could use one, by the way. You look like hell."

"I was writing a song and then started drafting more and..." she rubbed her eyes. "Thank you for waiting. You wanted to talk?"

Julie took a seat beside Bree, who nodded. "It's about Kitty," she began. "When we left the store yesterday she would not say a word. I think something happened when we left her alone with Mandy. They were both very down and weird."

"Did you ask them?" Julie asked, followed by a yawn.

Bree nodded. "They didn't want to tell me anything."

"Maybe nothing happened," Julie shrugged, stretching out on the couch and resting her head.

"Oh, honey, are you really that tired?" Bree scooted in closed and caressed her head.

"Yeah..." Julie mumbled. "It's just... I have four weeks until the album needs to be released. That gives me about two weeks to finish. Maybe three. And with that, I need to still find time to do all these other things, like photoshoots and stuff. Artie is coming tomorrow to film a few things for my YouTube channel and to help out the boys with a music video."

"Sounds like you'll be quite busy," Bree frowned. "And with the wedding on the 20th."

Julie looked away. "Don't remind me... Maybe I should just skip it."

"What?" Bree exclaimed, pulling her up. "Juliet Grace Vasquez, you cannot miss this wedding. Not only is it going to be amazing, but you also need to remember that you're the ex-girlfriend. Not being there and with this jerk, Andy, will not help your publicity."

"I know..." Julie buried her hands in her face. "I know that. But I was recording this song earlier and I realized that it's going to be really weird to see someone I once loved marry someone else."

"So what then?" Bree crossed her arms. "Are you just going to skip all the weddings? Because, honey, you have a lot of ex-boyfriends who are still in your life. And they're all heading towards marriage, settling down. Eventually they all will. But you have to own up to that and be there and support them."

"It's just different with Sam," Julie sighed. "You know, with the history."

"It shouldn't be," Bree told her. "Unless..."

"Unless what?" Julie wondered.

Bree shrugged. "Unless you still have feelings for him..."

"I don't," Julie shook her head. "I mean, I don't think I do. Maybe. I don't know."

Bree opened her mouth, surprised by the answer. They sat in silence for a moment until Bree said, "Well you better figure it out because if you don't, then he's going to get married and you're going to be left wondering. Now come on. I'll drive you home."

***

"Ladies..." Alex grinned as he walked three girls out of his bedroom and towards the front door at around 6am. He received a kiss from each of them and then led them out. After he closed the door, he nearly jumped up, finding Julie on the couch with a blanket wrapped around herself and a notepad and pen on her lap.

She looked up at him briefly and then back down. The floor was littered with balled up paper, some of them nearly blank while others were full of words, crossed out, scratched out, and whatever else Julie had done to show her anger at them.