Chapter 46: Rebels

Formatting for this chapter was a pain in the ass, btw. I hate Wattpad and the constantly changing of versions. It's really annoying.

——————————————————————————————

["Santa No Soy" which translates to "I'm Not a Saint" by RBD.]

Santana: No soy mujer de las que creen que entienden lo que es sentirse bien o mal.  I'm not the type of girl to say, that I know what it's like to feel good or bad. 

As Santana stood on the ballroom stage for their sound check on Wednesday, as fierce as ever, the three guys looked around at each other wondering if they'd made a huge mistake letting the girls make peace with each other.

Santana: Nunca tendre las palabras que te digan cosas sin lastimarte. I'll never have the words that can, tell you something without being nasty. 

Their setlist was girl-power dominated, with none of them playing any instruments while Sam, John and Alex had to sit in the back with their guitar, bass and drums, respectively, doing back-up vocals only. Alex was fine with this but the other two had come to like having leads and with Santana and Julie as a team, that was turning out to be impossible. 

Santana (with Amity): (Se que no es facil) Hago lo que quiera sin importarme (Puede ser parte de mi) Dejame ir o sera muy tarde (I know it's not easy) I do what I want and it doesn't matter (It could be a part of me) Let me go now or you'll be too late. 

They had found a style of music that fit all of their needs, which was great, but now what they needed was for Santana to stop feeding Julie with anti-men attitude. Amity was, much like Alex, just enjoying the music and the peace, so she was more than fine with Santana and Julie bonding, regardless of how that happened.

Santana (Amity): No te pido perdon (pido perdon) Pues se que fue tu error. I won't apologize (apologize) I know it was your fault.
Both: Amame, dejame, buscame, pero dejame seguir. Love me, leave me, look for me, but let me go on.

The best part for Alex was that he didn't have to sing the Spanish for some of the songs. Most of his leads were in English and when he had Spanish it was fleeting. Sam, who was surprisingly not bad at singing the language, did most of the male heavy lifting there. 

All: Y donde queda la parte de mi que nunca sabe hacia donde ir? Si me equivoco solo amame, dejame, buscame, quedate hasta que regrese a ti. And where does that leave the part of me that never knows where to be? If I mess up just love me, leave me, look for me, stay with me, until I go back to you. 

And since for some of the songs she was just doing back-up vocals, Amity was glad to fill in on keyboard, though she had just been learning for a bit and couldn't do anything fancy. 

All: Y donde queda la parte de mi que nunca a dado el corazon por ti? No me entiendas solo amame, dejame, buscame, quedate, porque santa nunca fui. And where does that leave the part of me that's never given you my heart? Don't understand me, just love me, leave me, look for me, stay with me, 'cause I never was a saint

Though she wasn't exactly embracing Santana's craziness, Julie did enjoying having something to sing about with someone else who felt the same way. It wasn't the awkwardness that came with singing along to one of Sam's songs, but something that was far more fun and empowering. 

Julie: No soy mujer de las que ven y jusgan todo tan solo con mirar. I'm not the type to take a look and judge it all from what I'm seeing.