𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 tσ Hᴇʟʟ~

Jingle!

Jingle!

Jingle!

The sounds of something metal hitting together filled the room. It was cold, so cold that the stone walls would've been frozen at this point. Breaths were short and ragged, almost as if being on the deathbed with final moments of whatever was left in the lungs. Sadly, there wasn't a window for any light or air, not even for the time of day. Even in slumber, claustrophobia started to spread over the entire body.

The floor was hard as a rock, not so comfortable to lay down on... It was very bumpy and rough, just bad enough to wake up a certain person. The rattles of the chains grew as you started to stir from the seemingly endless slumber.

Pain sprouted from your back, causing you to startle up from your sleeping position with a loud gasp for breath. Your whole body frozen, numb even. With all your strength, you tried to move your arm up but ended up sending a bunch of pins and needles throughout your nerves.

A groan rumbled from your chest as you plonked onto your elbows breathing heavily. Everything was black like you were being blindfolded. This was instantly flagging alarms in your slow, barely awake mind. You searched the ground by carefully patting the ground around you. So far, just the cold floor. Your eyes wandered around the darkness, trying to find SOMETHING useful.

'if only I have night vision.' You internally sigh, the one time you don't get new powers that are helpful. A headache started to grow in, the entire floor felt even colder than it was before. Fingertips tingling with coldness, it felt like it was on its breath, almost dead. Nothing can get any worse than it already has.

Jingle!

Jingle!

You raised a brow at the tolls, vibrations trailed down to your wrists. Now that you were focused on that, they did feel cold and tight. One hand reached over to the other, a jolt of coldness ran through your body the minute you touched whatever was on your wrist.

Luckily, you managed to calm down the cold flash. Now you have a chance to feel the material on your hand.

Smooth.

Cold.

Rusted.

Small.

Iron shackles.

Ookay, definitely chained up. Wall? Maybe. Ceiling? No, then the chains would be lighter than how heavy they are right now.

What the Hell was going on? Why were you in custody? You never did anything wrong....

So far.

Out of nowhere, a strange scent flew into your nostrils. That alone would have made you puke, but you held it in. Honestly, it was hard to describe it. One word you could use was... Death.

"Fin'lly 'wake, sleepin' beau'y?" The unfamiliar voice implied out of the blue. It was a deep raspy, scratchy, and just plain creepy kind of voice from what you could hear. At least you identified them as male. It gave you goosebumps, it made the hairs on the back of your head stand up. (Is that how it's said???)

You uttered a raspy growl as you searched around the room once again, "Qui es-tu?? Pourquoi suis-je ici?!"

The room echoed with your voice, the cold air settling in faster. It was terrifying. You couldn't tell which way you were facing. Right from the main wall? Left, back, right in front of it?? If lucky, and if that man had the slightest ounce of empathy, he could have built in a light bulb in the room.