Hunting season!

[Y/n's Pov]

I covered my ears as I watched carefully at Alastor who was trying to shoot the rabbit.

My smile widen, flinching slightly at the loud bang that would echo through the area. I balled my fists with excitement as I started to bounce eagerly, "Did you get it?? Did you get it?!" I repeated as Alastor stood up from his kneeling position

"Let's hope so, that little one was quite the jumper" He mentioned. Al was right, the rabbit was a fast one to catch up to. I let out a squeal and ran to where the bunny was.

But it wasn't there.. Just a bullet hole in the ground was all that was left.

I let out a pout when I found no animal, "This is getting ridiculous!" I whined stomping my foot on the dirt floor.
"There's still plenty of animals we can hunt dear, don't get too needy" Alastor teased, hooking our arms together.

I groaned accepting Alastor to drag me further into the forest. It was getting fairly late but we've only been out here for 15 minutes.

My eyes lit up as I spotted a fluffy tail in a bush, "Stop! Stay still.." I whispered to Alastor, he looked confused but followed my order.
I unhooked our arms and slowly crept to the Bush with the tail. It looked like a white spotted deer, I could instantly tell it was a doe.

After a few steps to the bushes, the deer popped her head out of the leaves, having them fly around its figure. I stifled my giggle, not wanting to scare her off.

I stook out my hand carefully, attempting to pet her. The doe noticed me but didn't run away, she actually came closer.

My smile faded a bit as we got closer to each other, "There we go, girl... I'm your friend, see..?" I muttered to the doe, it's surprising that she still didn't flee.

Once my hand came into contact with the doe's head, she nuzzled my palm, making me giggle.
"Alastor! Look she likes me!" I whispered yelled to him. But when I turned to him, he wasn't there.

"Al?" I called out, but no response. I let my arm fall to my side as I looked around for Alastor.
"Come out, Alastor! This isn't funny.." I fretted. My eyes widen a but when I felt something bump into my hip. I looked down to see the deer nuzzling her head against me.

At least I have something as emotional support...

"Alastor! Seriously, I'm getting scared..!" I trembled. My hand led its way to the does' back as we stuck together, going deeper in the forest.

Maybe he just went on without me, I mean, I was too busy with the deer. He probably got inpatient..

I shook my head getting a grip of my situation. My gaze went down to my companion beside me, "I should give you a name if we're gonna be stuck here together..."

She looks more like a belle, or maybe a Danielle. Oh!

"I'm gonna call you... (D/n)!" I said happily. The doe just let out a small sniffle, "I'll take it that you like it" I smiled.

Snap!

Me and (D/n) froze immediately as we heard the sudden noise. It should like it came behind us...