Prologue

An orphanage, a place where no child wants to live. But sometimes fate takes its toll for the contrary.

(Y/n) (L/n), a 6 year old girl who's parents just left her at that horrid building. She didn't know why they left, but they did.

The little girl spent a year at the orphanage, she's tried to make friends but most kids are either spoiled, young, disabled, or just weird for her liking.

|June 8th, 1912|

{Third Person Pov}

"(Y/N)!"

You groaned quietly, swinging your feet off the bed. "Coming Ms. Smith!" You replied as you hopped out of bed. The once relaxed feeling leaving your body.
There isn't a day where we can get a break...

You walked out of the bedroom and skipped to Ms. Smith's office. She looked grumpy as always. Folding your arms behind your back in a polite manner, you slowly walked to her desk. "Yes, Ms. Smith?" You asked, giving her a small smile. She looked disgusted by it, not that you can blame her, Ms. Smith probably doesn't have any sunshine in that head of hers.

"Go take out the trash, Tyrone didn't do it." She order, which you replied with a soft nod.
Tyrone is one of the guardians here, there's 4 all together but no one does any work besides you and other older kids. You walked to the kitchen, a strong gross scent exploded in your face and jebus, it's really dirty... Letting out a sigh, you went to the trashcan and, with all your strength, took the trash bag out. It looked dull and slightly torn.

This place needs better hygienic supplies..

But that will never happen.

Struggling to carry the bag outside, you let out a huff and kept trying. Your strength seemingly getting stronger by the second.
You're not the kind of girl to give up, that's for the weak, and you're not weak!

꧁꧂

After 7 minutes of dragging the trash bag outside, you finally made it to the back of the building.
Most of the kids don't like coming back here, you can see why. It was really dark and creepy..

The back alley looked haunted and dirty with small water puddles, spiderwebs, and dripping sounds that seemed to be coming from nowhere.

You shook your head, trying to focus on the task at hand. Making your way to the dumpster, you got on your tiny tiptoes and swung the lid open.
"Now the bag.." You muttered to myself. It was a hard task for kids your age. Especially if it weighed 2x more than you.

We're not really that tall or strong to put the trash bag in the dumpster. But, you would remind yourself. 'I'm not weak, keep going!'

So, you did. You gripped onto the head of the bag and threw the bag into the gigantic box. Your smile widen at your victory, you wanted to squeal out of excitement, but a small sound made you quiet. It was.. Probably a animal, there's loads of them here. It's not a surprise when you see a raccoon, squirrel, or snakes here.

You was about to walk away, pretending that you didn't hear whatever the noise was. It was probably not important at al–

...

There it was again.. But, it sounded like.. Someone crying?