caυgнт!

[August 22, 1930]

{Y/n's Pov}

A groan left my lips as I woke up from a head throbbing hangover. The surface underneath me felt... Soft.
I looked down to see I'm in my bed, luckily I'm still in my unifo-

"... Son of a bitch.." I whispered under my breath.

Where did my uniform go?! I was in my PJ's! Who even changed me??

Oh, yeaaah..

"Al??" I called out as I slowly got out of bed. Of course he would bring me home, I was fucking drunk!

I heard some shuffling in the main room in my apartment. That basically answers my question.

"Good morning, darling!" Alastor greeted loudly, barging in my room. I held my head from the volume of his voice.
"Oops, sorry.." He whispered. I let out a quiet 'It's okay' and leaned on my bed frame.

"So, what the hell happened last night. All I remember was talking with Husker, Mimzy, and Nifty." I listed, rubbing my temples. Alastors' face showed some hesitation, now I'm getting some ideas in what the fuck I did.

I let out a sigh and hanged my head, "Did I pass out in an alleyway..?" I questioned quietly.
Not going to lie, that happened to me before. Me and Jonathon went drinking for catching a drug dealer here, and we went a bit out of hand.
Long story short, I found myself in a dumpster in a alleyway next to a cafe the next morning.

"Oh, no no no! I brought you home, no worries needed, my dear." He chuckled. I felt relived that I made it back okay. Al patted me on the back and led me to the kitchen. There was already breakfast on the table with a cup of OJ, a tab with water and aspirin.

My lips formed a smile, a genuine smile. "Thanks, Lucas.." I grinned as I gave him a peck on the forehead.
And yes, we still do those little acts of affection here and there, old habits. (🤷‍♀️)

I sat at the table and took the aspirin first before my hangover gets worse. Then, I tasted the breakfast. It was a simple 3 eggs with bacon and sausage, but when it's Alastor, holy shit it would taste like paradise!

"So, I read that you had a early meeting today. Mind telling me what it is about?" Alastor asked, sitting across from me.
I tried to think what the topic was but it just made my hangover come back faintly.

I rubbed my temples gently before taking a fork of sausage. "Ughh, I think it was about us or something.." I murmured painfully, "But the boss didn't tell us shit."

Alastor laughed nervously as he massaged my head, "No need to bring out the vulgar language, darling. I wonder what happened to the sweet, lovely girl I grew up with.." He whispered with a smirk.

I raised a brow at hum with a offended expression, "You saying I'm not that girl?? Do you know how many times I've been traumatized seeing people die right in front of my eyes?! That's what happened to the 'sweet' and 'lovely' girl!" I shouted, shaming my fists to the table.

Alastor seemed a bit surprised and mostly shocked by my sudden tantrum. I let out a huff and sat back down, looking away from him.
I just kept eating, instead the guilt was eating me, not in the good way.