Friends For Life

|July 6th, 1923|

{Y/n's Pov}

You stumbled into the bedrooms securing a small red box in hand. It seems like the cost is clear. Your smile widened as you hid the box underneath your mattress. Although it looks like a a small bump from the top, he will never find out about it!

"(Y/n) dear? What are you doing?"

A startled squeal left your lips as you turned around. There he was, Alastor in all his might. His chocolate hair wavy as ever and yet still combed to perfection, the soft shade of brown in his eyes gazing at you like you were the most fragile thing in the world.
"Hey, Alastor! I was just fixing my bed!" You lied and sat on the bed.

He tilted his head and looked at the bed, a smirk forming on his lips "But, dear, it's still all messy" You let out a small chuckle and crossed your legs, "I didn't say I started though" Alastor chuckled and sat beside you. The bed dipped more on his side, since he was obviously taller than you, that made your body lean on his.

"You are so silly sometimes, you know that darling?" He asked playfully. You chuckled and nodded your head frantically. "Mhm!"

You both laughed as you noticed something missing. Something about his appearance was wrong, something... You let out a small gasp as you cupped his cheeks. "Alastor, where are your glasses??"

He seemed a bit hesitant at your question, almost like he was nervous to answer it "I-It's nothing to worry about dear."
You crossed your arms and stared at him with a stern look. You never frown unless it's important, like if you needed to get an answer or you needed to be taken serious.
And Alastor, oh, he gives up quick.

"They broke.." He murmured. You bit the inside of your cheek and pulled him in for a hug. "Let me guess, Allison?" You asked kinda obviously. If it was those no good simps that broke them, you were going to kill them! They know how expensive glasses are, especially if you had to support the rest of the kids with everything you have.

You felt a nod and he nuzzled into your neck, causing you to giggle. You pulled away and gave him a soft smile, "Well, I suppose a early gift won't hurt" You said, standing up.

"Whatever do you mean, dear?" He questioned. You ignored his wondering mind and lifted the mattress a bit to get the box. You spun around and held the box in front of you towards Alastor, "Happy early birthday!" You chirped happily. He looked stunned and surprised at the same time.

He snapped out of his trace and shakily got the box, like he was holding his own heart in his hands "You remembered..?" He muttered embarrassed. You gave him a questioning look like he was crazy, "How could I forget? We've been celebrating each other's for years!"

"But anyways, remember how you said you wanted a monocle but we didn't have enough money for it?" You asked cocking my head to the side. Once you said that he jumped from his seat, "Did you really?! You must be joshing..!" He asked in disbelief. Even he knew that you were low on money and couldn't really buy anything else but essentials for the kids, but going this far as buying a $50 monocle?!

You rested your head on your hand with a smirk, "Do you think I'd joke about this?" You raised a brow at the boy, he bit his lip and embraced you in light speed. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" He repeated causing you to laugh, "Anything for you, Al. Now open it!!"