- F I F T Y -

I trudged into school the next Monday, dragging my feet with each step. I had spent the entire weekend locked up in my room doing nothing but staring at my blank walls deep in thought. I didn't really talk to anyone besides one of the Dalys coming knocking at my door asking if I was ok or needed anything besides food. I also think that Damon was avoiding me as ever since I caught him in my room he'd meet my eye but look away embarrassed but I thought nothing of it.

But what I did think about was Alessandro. He hadn't spoken to me since the last time we saw each other and I felt bad knowing that maybe I had really messed up my friendship with him. I mean, if someone brought up John like that I'm pretty sure I would've had the same reaction. I hadn't gotten any sleep at all as the nightmares were back and I couldn't go back to sleep when every time I closed my eyes all I could see was Johns face and the hatred in his eyes. 

I shudder as I reach my locker, taking the books that I needed for the next few classes. Upon shutting it I step back surprised when I see Camryn. 

"Did I scare you?" He asks stifling a laugh. 

I roll my eyes and bite my lip to stop a smile from creeping up onto my face. "No."

He chuckles walking next to me. "Of course I didn't." 

"What class do you have now?" I ask to derive him of being able to tease me.

We were walking through the halls that were filled with the chatter of students and when I finally spot Marcus and start walking towards him knowing that the others were with him. 

"English." He responds continuing his walk beside me and I nod with a hum.

When I get to my group of friends they turn to say hello but they stop once they see whos next to me. 

"Uhm..." Veronica points her finger not so subtly towards Camryn with frantic eyes and I chuckle at her.

"Besides the fact that Camryn is standing right there, did Avery just laugh?" Ron asks with wide eyes.

Faith reaches her hand forward pressing it lightly against my forehead. "Are you ok? Has he drugged you? Do I need to call an ambulance?"

I laugh at her and they all gape at me with mouths wide open and I catch Elena's eye that held an amused glint. 

"What did you do to her? Huh? You good looking piece of dog crap." Veronica stands in front of Camryn with her hands on her hips glaring up at him and points her finger at him accusingly and he just grins at her.

"Well besides seducing her with my beautiful looks, I haven't done a thing to her at all but your welcome to give me the credits of getting her to smile if you want." He shrugs with a smirk and I roll my eyes yet again, a smile on my face. 

"Ohhh you have dimples." Faith coos poking her finger into the dimple on my left cheek. 

The bell rings and Ron and Marcus come to our rescue pulling the girls away from Camryn and me. 

"As much as we'd love to continue this conversation we have class," Ron says dragging Veronica away from us. 

She turns to look at Camryn, a glare still on her face holding two fingers up to her eyes then pointing them at Camryn in an 'im watching you' gesture and I bite my lip stifling a laugh. 

When the five of them have left I'm left standing with Camryn in the middle of rushing students trying to get to their classes. "What's your first class?" 

"A biology test." I groan. 

Over the weekend, besides staring at my walls, I had studied so I could have a break thinking about all things named John. I knew if I tried I could pass the test but I wasn't in the trying mood at all.