! T H I R T Y - F I V E !

"You're kidding. The Costellos?" Bryan asked uneasily.

"I wish I was." I exhaled.

The Costellos were also part of the reason we were in Juvie and also part of the reason that there were only three of us and not four. On the day, there was a shoot out and we lost one of our best friends, and it's not fun bringing up memories that took so long to bury.

The Costellos are also a gang. They're ruled by twins, Mason and Olivia Costello. Obviously, we did not get on well at all and we were rivals but it seems like history can't seem to lose its grip on me which is why they've managed to somehow wriggle their way into my life along with Alessandro.

"Why do you need to spy? Can't, he have someone else do it?" Jace asks sipping his beer.

"He said he would but an ex-member gave them a list to all the members of the gang," I explain and they curse under their breaths.

"But wouldn't they know you as well?" 

"Nope, because according to Ale I've changed a lot." I shrug.

"Uhh... You're still as much of an idiot as you were back then so... I don't think that's a change." Bryan says earning a clip at the back of his head from me. 

"He's just stating facts," Jace says cheekily and I glare at him.

Jace laughs and I roll my eyes.

"What do you have to do anyway? Pretend to join and then take them out?" Jace asks.

"Ohhhh or even seduce Olivia?" Bryan asks quirking his eyebrows up and down and I throw my now empty can at him.

"Well yeah, you're actually right about that. " I say unruffled by how spot on his guess was.

They both laugh. "That's a good one bro, but seriously what is it?"

I don't laugh along with them and when they see this they stop. "I'm not joking."

"Wait what?"

"Holy shi-" Jace begins but before he can a fluffy slipper is thrown at him.

"I'm telling mom you were about to swear." It was Jace's younger sister.

She was only a year younger than Jace yet acted as if she was the older one and she also had a slight fixation on Bryan, which is why he always made sure to avoid her or come over when she wasn't here.  

"Hey Bry-Bry." she greets Bryan with a bite of her lip and walks towards him. 

"Hey, Selena... Uh guys I forgot I have an assignment due for tomorrow," he says backing towards the kitchen door. 

She frowns, well more like pouts attempting to look cute but it does not work. "But you're suspended."

He grimaces. "How do you know that?"

She pretends to check her nails looking disinterested. "Oh, I just heard from around." 

"Stalker much," Jace mutters under his breath.

"Shut up! Im going to tell mom." She glowers and not fazed by it Jace rolls his eyes mockingly and she scowls.

"Anyways I have to go walk my cat now," Bryan says already at the kitchen door.

"But I thought you said you had an assignment?" She says but he's already gone. 

Annoyed she grabs a pack of popcorn and storms out of the kitchen.

"Well, that was...entertaining?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, I'm off suspension and I can return back to school. Getting ready I brush my teeth and wash my face then toss on black pants a black shirt and black converse with white socks and head downstairs. 

"Be good!" mom calls down from her room.

"No promises!" I yell back grabbing a green bucket hat and heading towards Jace's car waiting for me in the driveway. 

 "Hello darling how are you on this wonderful morning?" Bryan asks with a silly smile on his face from the backseat of the car in a silly British accent.

"I did not sound like that," I say looking daggers at him. When I met them here in Carolina they'd tease my accent a lot.

"Oh yes, you most splendidly did." He says.

"Stop it." 

"No thank you, darling. I'm quite happy speaking like this."

"Lose the accent now."

"No, no dear."

I turn around with a raised fist and he flinches back with a sheepish smile. "Fine."

"Good."

"Party-pooper."

"Shu-"

"I will blast both of your balls off if you guys don't shut the hell up," Jace says and we keep quiet for the rest of the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now lunchtime and I already wanted to skip. Classes were so boring and it was dreadful. I would have already skipped if I didn't have mom's words ringing in my ears. I didn't want to disappoint her than I already did so I dealt with it.

"Oh look it's your girlfriend," Bryan smirks nodding his head towards a table of students in the cafeteria as we walk to our usual spot.

Avery.

"I'll catch up with you guys later." I leave them walking towards her table and the boy's nod. 

It felt like I haven't seen her in years which is true in some sense. As I approach her table I see one of her friends look up and say something to Avery who had her back to me. Faith I think her name was.

Avery turns around locking eyes with me but instead of her usual soft yet expressionless face I'm met with a more hostile one. I stop in front of her turned figure confused.

"Did I do something?" I ask not sure why she was looking at me like that. 

It was obviously me she was looking like that as she was making direct eye contact with me. 

She then gets off her seat standing in front of me with crossed arms, her hostility towards me still visible. "Am I some kind of joke to you?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, my fellow broskis. How long has been? I think maybe a couple of decades. I sincerely apologize for not keeping my updating schedule I really really do and I thank all you readers who have been patient enough to wait for my uploads. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter and also what do ye think is gonna happen?? Even though I don't I haven't been posting on Wattpad as much as I used to I still enjoy reading every single one of your comments and I encourage you guys to keep doing so <<<333

Slater broooooooooooooooooooooos

Vote|Comment|Follow|Share