° F O U R °

I went out onto the balcony and took a load of deep breaths. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. In. Out. In. Out.

I felt my heart rate go back to normal and looked at the view. Since it was dark outside I could only see the light reflecting off what seemed to be a pool. I hate pools anything to do with water. I have a aquaphobia which is basically a fear of water because of John...

Flashback
"How about we spend the day together?" John said swaying a little.

"O-ok." I said. I really want to say no because what if he has something planned? What if he does something to me? What if he kills me and throws me in a ditch? Wouldnt be surprised if he did anyways.

"Go on then. Go put on your shoes." He says nicely which scares me a little because he's never been nice to me. Ever. Not when he's drunk, not even when he's sober.

I put on my shoes and wait for him to tell me what to do next. He just walks out the door and I follow him. We walk to the park and I watch in envy when I see little kids playing and having fun with their parents. You don't know what I'd give to at least spend one day back in time to be with Mom and John back to when we were all happy.

"How about we take a dip in the lake." John said looking at me. It was winter right now which meant that the water would be freezing cold.

"It's OK. I'm fine." I said declining his offer.

"It was an order." he said and I could see the anger rising in him but I really didn't want to go in the water. It might be too deep and I might catch a really bad cold if I do. I don't even have a spare change of clothes which means that if I do go in the water I'd have to walk back home sodding wet.

"P-please I really d-dont want to." I tell him with a pleading voice.

He suddenly pushes me into the water and I yelp at the cold water that envelopes me. There was no one around the part of the lake we were at so obviously no one heard or saw. I realised I was stupid enough to believe that John would actually want to spent time with me like the old days.

I try moving my arms and legs to swim back up but I can't. I look around in the dark murky water and I feel myself being pressed down deeper into the water because of a weight on my head. It's John's hands he's keeping me in the water purposely! He's trying to drown me!

I scream in the water but it's only muffled and I choke on the water that enters my mouth. Wildly I move about trying to get up. If I don't get out soon I'll drown for sure!

After a couple more seconds of struggling John takes his hand off my head and I quickly rush to the surface of the water. I climb out of the lake and sit down on the floor gasping for air.

John just laughs at me then stops and glares. "Why didn't you die?! You're supposed to die! I can't wait for the day you do and rid me of your terrible presence!"

John shouts at me before storming away leaving me shaking in cold and fear from almost loosing my life.

End of flashback

I was holding on tightly to the railing of the balcony thinking of the flashback that when I let go pain shoots through my hand. Since I'm already used to pain it doesn't bother me when I see that there's blood running down my hands as the safety railing was digging into my flesh.

I use my other hand to touch my hand trying to find the source of the blood and see that its quite big and rinsing it won't do the job. So the only choice I have is to go downstairs and ask for some help.