~ T W E N T Y - S I X ~

(Averys outfit ^^)

"That must've been hard..."i trail off not knowing what to say.

Sharing deep stories like this wasn't really my.. Element. It wouldn't be that hard to tell. I can barely share anything about me so someone sharing something about them is foreign to me.

"It really was. So, I just hope that you can talk to me anytime about anything." she says. I lift my head slightly to look up at her and see that she has a sincere smile.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say looking back down.

"Have you told the boys yet?" she asks, referring to why I was here.

I shake my head slightly. "No."

"Well, I hope you do so soon. I've noticed there's a bit of a tension between you guys. Especially Eli and Damon." she says.

"How do you know?"

"I've been a mom of six children for years. It'd be weird if I didn't know." she's says with a small chuckle. Even though she worked quite a lot she was very alert to what was going on.

"Well you're right anyways." I sigh.

"It's ok. They'll come around as soon as they get used to having you here. I know it." She said it so surely it almost made me beleive her. It made me hope that it could actually come true, but hope is fake.

You could spend every single day of your life hoping for so many things that will never happen. You'd waste every ounce of your energy on hope just for it to stab you in the back.

"I don't think so." I say clenching my jaw.

"Well I do." she says and I push away from her with angry eyes.

"Hope isn't real you know. Just like like wishes and it's ironic that people say to be careful what you wish for because it'll never come true." I start getting angry at myself, remembering how I'd always wish and hope for life to be different.

"Hey, sweetheart its OK. I understand." she says holding my face in her small hands.

"But it's not ok. I'm not OK." I cry.

She doesn't say anything but pull me into a hug. She runs her fingers through my long hair as I cry.

"Everything will be fine. You'll be fine. Don't cry, sweetheart." she says and I slowly fall asleep to her calming words.
~~~~~

The next few days go by quietly with nothing much happening. All the boys were cautious around me as though they could trigger me if they did anything.

"Yo Avery." Camryn calls from beside me. I look at him without responding.

He puts his hand over his heart and starts whinging. "Ouch. Are you giving me the silent treatment."

I ignore him and get my books for my next classes. The bell for lunch had just gone off and I was really hungry. Camryn pestering me wasn't helping at all.

"Well OK then, since you're not talking to me I'll take your silence as a yes to hang out later." he says with a smug smile.

"No." I say walking towards the cafeteria.

"Aww. Why not?" He whines and starts shaking my arm.

I pull my arm from his grasp and pull his ear and he groans. "Cause I said no."

"O-OK let me go. It hurts." he says groaning and I let go of him.

He rubs his ear that had turned red from how hard I pulled it and I almost smile at how funny he looked. Almost.