¶ T H I R T Y - O N E ¶

I roll my eyes as soon as the door closes and look to Eli with a glare. "Let go."

"What were you doing with him?" He asks releasing my arm that had a small bruise forming.

"Nothing that concerns you." I say turning on my heel to get to my room.

But before I can go any further I'm stopped by Jesse. "I know I can't stop you from making new friends but Alessandro is really, really bad news."

"I'll see for myself if he is or not." I say stubbornly.

"Whatever happens its all on you." Damon says walking past me and bumping my shoulder in the process.

"First it's Camryn and now it's Alessandro and the more you tell me to 'stay away' from them the more I'm gonna make sure I get as close as possible." I clench my jaw and fist to stop myself doing anything else impulsive and go straight to my room.

When I enter my room I throw my bag to the side before collapsing onto my bed.

Just as I'm about to doze off I receive a message. I sit up taking my phone out of my back pocket and look at the notification.

It's from the girls and I spend a good while messaging them, distracting myself from everything going on. It starts getting late and I remember that I still had my clothes on and go look for Pj's to change into.

I start taking off my jumper and it's half way off when the door to my room is shoved open. I gasp trying to put it back on but I'm stuck.

"Get out!" I shout.

"I just had to tell you that-. What the hell are those..." It's Eli.

I'm confused for a second but then I realise he was talking about the scars and I start to panic.

"Just get out." I say finally managing to get my top back on.

"Who did those?" He asks seriously.

I hesitate not knowing what to say. "I-It's nothing alright. Don't t-tell anyone. P-please."

"I don't think so." He says and marches right out of my room no doubt to go tell everyone else.

Quickly I put on my PJs trying to calm myself down. My hands start shaking and breathing becomes more rapid.

I'm not ready. I'm not ready to tell them what happened. They'll start treating me different, like a lost puppy and I don't want that.

I remember the inhaler and with shaking hands I look for the capsules. I kneel down to look for them but they're not in the drawer where I usually keep them and remember that Sheila had put them somewhere downstairs.

I lean back against the bed frame and hold my chest balling my top in my fist trying to calm down, I couldn't go downstairs. Not now. Not yet. I couldn't go downstairs while I was in this state.

I hear the sounds of feet climbing up the stairs instantly knowing that Eli had gotten the rest.

Speedly, I lift myself off the floor and go over to the door pushing closed just as one of them tried to push it open.

"Avery, open the door." I hear Alex's muffled voice from the other side of the door. I say nothing and only the raggedy sounds of my breathing could be heard.

I hear a sigh before someone else speaks. "She's just doing it for attention guys, you're being dramatic."

It's Damon, obviously and my chin trembles. Not from crying, but from the anger. I should be used to it, and I am, but hearing it from that selfish jerk makes me angry.

I hear some shuffling. "Guys move. Avery let me in." It's Will.

This time I move away from the door and open it just enough for Will to slide through before slamming it shut again.

"Capsules." I breathe out holding up the inhaler.

He nods his head before slipping out of the door again. I hear some talking but pay no attention it, concentrating on my breathing.

A few minutes pass before Will is back again. He pours the contents of the capsules into the inhaler and helps me.

I take deeps breaths and soon I'm back to normal, my breathing steady but I'm still shaking.

"You gonna tell them?" Will asks sitting on my bed and looking down at me from where I sat on the floor.

"No! Not yet. They won't beleive me anyways." I roll my eyes.

"That's fine, you can tell them in your own time." He says with a reassuring smile.

There's a knock on my door and I jump slightly. "Hey! You gonna let us in or what?" Benji says loudly.

"No." I say say cooly.

"Told you guys. She's probably just looking for an excuse to get with Will." Damon says.

My eyes widen in shock and rage about what he just said and without thinking I fling the door open.

Eli, Benji, Alex and Damon all look at me surprised at my sudden appearance and before anyone can say anything I lunge at Damon.

He looks at me angryily but it doesn't faze me and I keep hitting him and soon we're wrestling on the floor.

I ignore the shouts of the others telling us to stop. I've had enough and I wasn't gonna let this go. We kicked, slapped, punched and scratched at each other, the full works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooo. I'm back with another chapter and guysss omgg I'm almost at 50k reads!!! Thank you all so mucchhhhh like honestly I really appreciate it and it means so much <3 <3 <3
I rlly hope you guys liked this chapter like you've liked the others and I will be back with more on Tuesday.
Slater broooooooooooooooss.

Vote|Comment|Follow|Share