_ F O U R T Y - F O U R _

Camryn's POV:

I'm pissed as hell. Mad as fuck. She struggles against my hold again. 

"Stop it." I hiss at her and she does. 

When she kissed that guy I was struggling to control my temper. I was seconds away from killing that guy but Damon got there before I could and for once, I was happy he did, I could even thank him for doing so.

I like Avery, I always have. What's not to like about her? But telling her would cause too much risks if something were to happen, so I did anything I could to stop people getting too close. But if me telling her why I left would get her to stop fooling around with dangerous people then I was willing to take those risks. Just the thought of her with someone else made me shake with rage. I couldn't stand it. We were both tipsy, her, more than me, so I had no idea how this was going to turn out.

"Where's your room?" I ask her.

"I'm not telling you." She says childishly and I roll my eyes.

"Tell me right now." I say starting to get frustrated. 

"Only if you put me down." 

I comply and put her down making sure to hold her arm so she doesn't try getting away. Lucky for her, she doesn't, instead she takes a key out of her pocket and unlocks the door to a room and opens the door. But I guess I spoke too soon because as soon as the door is opened she darts inside slipping from my grasp.

Avery's POV:

As soon as I open the door I dart inside wanting nothing more but for the ground to swallow me up. I go into the bathroom and look the door resting my back against it and breathing heavily. I hear his footsteps come towards the door and sigh. 

"Seriously, Avery? Open the door." He asks knocking on the door and trying the doorknob but the door was locked.

"No. Go away." I say.

"Please. I just want us to talk properly."

"I told you I didn't want to listen unless you were actually going to tell me." I say defiantly.

"Exactly. That's why I'm here, to tell you." He tells me with an edge of desperation in his voice. I hear him move away but I don't know where to.

A second passes as I contemplate whether or not I should open the door. I reach my hand towards the lock ready to go out but then stop. I was scared he was going to tell me something bad. Now that he was actually going to tell me I was nervous. Pushing the nerves away, I open the door to see him sitting on my bed with his elbows on his knees, his head is ducked as he runs both his hands through his hair.

I walk over to where he is and sit down next to him looking up at the ceiling and crossing my legs. "Well I'm waiting."

"Yeah, I know I just don't know where to start." He says sounding apprehensive. 

I turn my head to look at him nervously waiting. Only when my head is fully turned do I notice how close we were sitting. He's looking right at my and there's a slight pause as we just stare at the other. 

He coughs awkwardly turning his head and I do the same looking away. "It started about 8 months before I left."

I snap my head towards him. He's looking down at the ground with his hands clasped together and I wait for him to go on. 

"Mom had another relapse going back into depression again after doing so well on getting better. She would stay in her room for days on end not doing anything, not even eating or drinking. I always brought food up to her room hoping that she'd eat at least a spoon of something but she wouldn't. Every time I did, she'd look at me as if she didn't know who I was anymore and I couldn't handle it." My gaze softens as I listen to him.

When his father passed away it was hard but even more so for his mother. It was hard when something you loved was taken away from you without warning. Camryn's Dad was always so kind and made sure everyone around him felt loved. He passed away in his sleep so suddenly even though he was so healthy and it took a toll on Camryn's mom.

"And then I met Alessandro and through him I met Jace, Brian, Marques, Damon and Eli. All seven of us were inseparable, we were always together and we had the best of times together. And then we found out what Alessandro spent his time doing," I ant to ask about the unfamiliar name he mentioned but he laughs bitterly before continuing. "He always had a handful of money and threw it around as if it was nothing. He never once even mentioned his parents and we came to later find out that it was because he was disowned."

My eyes widen not expecting that at all.

"I'm not going to get into his story. You guys are pretty close so I'm sure hell tell you himself." He says this with pettiness and I glare at him but he goes on, ignoring me. "Anyways, he sold and did drugs and soon he started to get popular with all the people who bought them off him. Of course we didn't agree to it but one by one we all got sucked into his lifestyle and started doing the same. Since mom didn't work anymore because of her condition I wanted to help with the bills and food, Alessandro knew how desperate I was and used that to get me to help him." 

"You and I weren't hanging out as much anymore because I spent my time going back and forth to different people selling drugs to them. Alessandro even let people borrow money from him but they always had to pay him back and the more time these people spent without repaying him, he added interest. Remember when there were deaths that happened all around?"

"Yeah, I remember." I say uneasily not liking where this was going.

"Well that's cause all those people never paid him back. He took their lives whenever they didn't."

"Did you..?" I trail off not wanting to know the answer but at the same time wanting to know. 

"Only one and I'll never forgive myself for it." He says.

"Oh." Is all I say not knowing how I should respond to this.

"A while later we were so stuck into this that we didn't know how to stop and to be honest I didn't want to. It was addicting. We were more like a gang now and had many members at this point and also rival ones too. Always competing over who was the best gang but there was this particular one that we had a lot of trouble with. They were twins, known as the Costello's. Alessandro hated them as they took some of his most wealthiest clients so we did theirs. Eventually it led to this whole shoot out, people were killed, some fled and some were arrested."

"Alessandro was always in and out of Juvie from a young age but this time he didn't want to get caught even though normally he didn't care. So when we all got arrested the blame was put on us five. Eli and Damon were luckily bailed out by their parents so only Jace, Bryan and I along with others were arrested. We tried to contact Alessandro to help us but he left. There wasn't a trace of him at all."

I notice at the start he said that there were seven of them. So if Eli, Damon and Alessandro didn't go to jail there would've been four of them that did but he only mentioned three. "I thought there were seven of you. Why did only three of you go? What happened to the other one, Marques?"

He just looks at me but the way he stares at me puts goose bumps all over me as he stares coldly. "He's dead."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uhmmm...That was a lot of info. Imma let ye digest that. Also lemme know your thoughts and from the next chapter on imma start making chapters wayyy longer cause i feel like theyre too short xo.

Slater broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos.

Vote|Comment|Share|Follow