- F I F T Y - O N E -

Almost an hour later I was home but I still couldn't shake what Alessandro has said from my mind. He wouldn't stop until he would get what was his. I didn't know what he was talking about and the mischievous glint in his eyes didn't make me wanna find out either.

I sat in my room as usual after finishing all my homework and stared at the TV but I wasn't really paying attention to the screen. Instead, I thought about why Camryn hadn't been picking up his phone. After the little run-in in the food court, he'd left after hearing Alessandro implying something had happened between us. Every time I called, it went straight to voicemail and when I tried calling Bryana and Jace they'd both said he was busy. Even though it wasn't any of his business if Alessandro and I had done anything or not for some reason I still felt the need to make sure Camryn understood.

I groan running my hand through my hair and pulling at the ends in frustration. 

"Can I come in?" I hear someones muffled voice speak on the other side of the door.

"Sure." 

Sheila enters my room and closes the door lightly behind her. I watch as she sits down and I gulp slightly knowing why she was here. 

"So.. Do you have an answer?" She asks.

I blink at her not saying anything. To be honest I still hadn't thought about if I wanted to see him or not. I guess I was just hoping that if I forgot about it, she would as well but I guess not. I really wanted to believe that maybe John had changed, that a few months in jail would have him reflect on the things he did and that maybe he'd want to change for the better. 

But on the other hand, I was scared, scared that he'd be the exact same as before but even worse because he would have to spend at least half his life in jail and I wasn't sure I was ready for him to blame me for it. But I'd never know if I didn't see for myself and who knows maybe he did change but would return to being bitter because I didn't visit him. 

He is still my Dad after all...

"Avery?" Sheila says pulling me away from my thoughts. 

"Yes. Yes, I will." 

She looks at me with a surprised face, obviously not expecting that answer. "I thought you might have said no."

"Well, I didn't." I say with a shrug.

She nods. "I'll... I'll go start booking flights."

I nod my head and she leaves my room soon after and when the door closes I fall back onto my bed breaking out in a cold sweat. What the hell did I just do. 

In need of something to distract me, I go downstairs to if I can find any alcohol in any of the cabinets and sneak a bottle into my room. As I head downstairs I see the Daly brothers bar Jesse sitting down on the couches. 

"Get me an apple if you're going to the kitchen." Alex says as I pass by and I nod distractedly. 

I go to the kitchen and begin searching through all the drawers, cabinets and cupboards but I can't find anything. I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and dejectedly walk back. I toss him the apple but Damon puts his foot out at the last second causing me to trip over. 

Ever since I had seen him in my room he'd been extra annoying to me always making sure to tease me or annoy me in any way he possibly could and I was getting fed up. I grab a pillow and throw it at him but he catches it, launching it right back at me. 

"Aww, you gonna go cry now?" He asks with a smirk and it ticks me off. 

"You're acting like a little bitch, so please, shut the hell up." I say and my voice comes out calm but I'm feeling the complete opposite.