Chapter thirty two.

Roman's point of view.

'What on earth are you doing here?' I was sitting in my work room in the Godfrey building when my mom walked in.

'I'm sorry to surprise you like this darling. I know you are a busy man.'

The door opened and my assistant walked in with my plate of food on it. The only thing that could keep me up was blood. But i have to look normal and eat human food even though I don't like it at all anymore.

'Why is this liver cooked?' I looked at the plate with a piece of lemon cake on it, some fruit, and 2 pieces of liver. 'Nevermind, I'll eat it anyway.'

I waved the assistant out of the room and looked at my food in discussed.

'You need to let Price do it's work, it's important to us.'

I looked up from the plate and at my mom.

'What is his work exactly?'

'Better to show you than try to explain.'

'Well, than show me,' I tried to eat the food as fast as possible so I would be done with it. God I hated the taste.

'I don't think you're ready Roman. How is Leanne?'

She sat down at the couch and looked out of the huge window.

'She's fine, why do you ask?'

'No reason, just curious. But about Price's work, well I'm alive because of it.'

I put the fork and knife down and looked at her.

'I knew there was a reason why I hated everything about him.'

'That food isn't filling you up is it? You're still hungry aren't you? Right now you think it's something you can control, that you're like normal people. You Roman are anything but normal. That's why you're still with that girl, I'm sure she doesn't even know what kind of thing you are. And you are scared that she will run away is you tell her.'

'You think that you can feed on people without killing them, bask in the flush of your own willpower. Your hunger will only grow deeper and deeper. I've been on the run for centuries because we couldn't hide the victims of our appetite. Only a matter of time until you try to bite you're lovely girlfriend.'

'Alledag you admit that you fucked your way though the centuries.' I was curious about what Johan Price has What kept my mom alive for so long.

'I did it all for you Roman, you're my flesh and blood.'

'Really? And what about Shelley? Have you thought of her once since she disappeared?' I felt anger inside of me and sadness talking about my sister.

'You think I haven't grieved?

'And what about my family? You wanted me to kill my own daughter.'

She looked out of the window again. 'I knew you never do it it was the only way for you to progress.'

'I don't want to progress, I want to be human.'