Chapter Twenty three.

Patient is deceased. Clear the area.   

My heart stopped beating. 'Letha.' I stumbled a little backwards i felt I couldn't stand up straight anymore. Tears where running from my tears.

She was dead.

Roman walked to the door crying and Peter stood frozen looking at the door.

'Bing, bing!' We heard 2 loud bells. After that it was silent.

Roman sunk to the floor and cried, i walked over to him. When he noticed me he looked up. His eyes all red from crying. I sink to my knees and hugged him. He pulled me into his lap and i cried in his chest. 'Peter.' He still didn't move.

After a few minutes dr Pycell walked out of the door.

''Pycell.' He stopped walking and looked at Roman.

'Can you bring her back?' I looked at Roman. Bring her back?

Pycell shook his head and walked out without saying anything.

-

A few days have passed. I felt awful. I was laying awake next to Roman who was a sleep thank fully. He didn't sleep at all these days. It was 5 AM in the morning, but i just couldn't sleep anymore.

I tried to get our of Roman's arms without waking him up. It worked luckily. I put jeans on, and a shirt from Roman.

I kissed Roman on his forehead and left the Room. I needed to have a walk on my own. I needed some time for myself.

I walked outside and the sun just came up. It looked beautiful. I sniffed in the morning air, and immediately felt a little better.

Letha and the baby both died. We didn't even saw her anymore. She was cremated and her ashes were trowed into the sea.

I walked to my house to get Lia. My parents were still asleep so i left a note saying i took Lia for a walk if they would wake up.

She jumped up at me in joy and i smiled at her. I haven't walked with her in a while.

I decided to go take a long walk next to the river. It was a beautiful place there.

When i walked for almost 2 hours. I sat down in the grass next to the river. The sun was fully up right now and it was pretty warm.

I closed my eyes and lay down in the grass. I breathed in an out a couple of times. And felt myself getting relaxed.

'Lia stop!'

I felt Lia licking all over my face. I sat up straight and heard my phone ringing.

I looked at the time. 9:30.

I must have fell asleep here.

'Fuck!'

I picked up the phone.

'Leanne, thank god! Where are you? Are you alright?'

'Roman I'm fine, i woke up and took a walk with Lia, but i fell asleep.'

I took Lia and started walking back. 'Are you insane? Someone could have taking you!' I heard him almost screaming on the other side of the phone.

'I know, I'm sorry i come straight home okay?'

'I'll wait here for you, i love you.'

'I love you too.'