Chapter 39: Kidnapped

Dedicated Chapter Song: If the World Was Ending - JP Saxe ft. Julia Michaels

Would you love me for the hell of it?
All our fears would be irrelevant
If the world was ending
You'd come over, right?
The sky'd be falling and I'd hold you tight
And there wouldn't be a reason why
We would even have to say goodbye
(Hiromi)

Would you love me for the hell of it?All our fears would be irrelevantIf the world was endingYou'd come over, right?The sky'd be falling and I'd hold you tightAnd there wouldn't be a reason whyWe would even have to say goodbye(Hiromi)

The rigid feeling of having your bones move without your brain telling it to. The emptiness inside you as you can see through your own eyes but cannot control yourself as your friends scream and run from you.

The chaos you create— you will never understand.

I wanted to break free. I was the most powerful among my class and yet I couldn't control my own body; my own movements. I wanted to scream— maybe even cry. But I couldn't. All I could do was terrorize.

"Get back!" Bakugo tried to toss me away by making a small-scale explosion so as to avoid setting the forest aflame more than it already was. Under mother's control I was faster, more agile. I could dodge anything and everything. My mother was talented and smart, but she was cruel.

There were demons everywhere — demons that I could control if only I was allowed control of my own thoughts. I was so stupid, and weak. It wasn't until I saw one of my own demons take a bite into Shoto's leg that I felt my body again, filled with anger and rage. It felt like a white hot burning sensation, and yet I still couldn't break free.

I could see my demon crouching over him, it's slobber dripping onto his clothes. Even his ice nor his flames couldn't waver it. It was a demon, after all.

"Hiro, hold still!" A voice shouted from the treetops, and suddenly I could feel myself again. Mother was tackled, pinned down by Kaito, who I honestly couldn't tell which side he was on anymore.

I glanced at him for a split second, then to my lover, who I thrust my hand towards. "Disperse!" I cry out, immediately making eye contact with him so as to heal his leg.

"Grraaah!" Mother growls, throwing Kaito off of herself. He teleports, not taking any damage, to in front of us.

"You said just the boy." Kaito motions a hand in Bakugo's general direction. "I'm not helping you to harm or capture anyone else."

"Kaito..." I cautiously walk towards him. "Who are you?"

"Me?" He chuckles lightheartedly. "Well, I'm no one. Or I can be anybody. It all depends."

"Depends on what?" I ask, tracking my eyes to Todoroki as he made sure the unconscious student from 1-B was still okay.

"Depends on who's quirk I consume." He smiles viciously. "What your master's name again? Yang?" And then he disappeared.