Chapter 22: Stain - Part 1

Dedicated Chapter Song: Drag Me To The Grave - Black Veil Brides

Another victim, another viper. I can feel sins grippin' tighter to the spirits that we die for. And I will never let it go. Risin' up, I'm a fighter; Young and loud with desire. Heroes blessed by the fire. I won't let these demons drag me to the grave.
(Hiromi/Lady Morningstar)

One thing is for certain; I'm not even remotely a morning person

One thing is for certain; I'm not even remotely a morning person. In fact, it took Shoto having to barge into the room after I overslept by an hour, and putting ice on my feet to get me to squeal and jump awake.

"What did you do that for?!" I screeched, clutching to my futon between my fingers to hide the fact that I was in a short silk nightgown with lace trims; not something I'd wanna flash off to just any guy. In retrospect, I should've packed better pajamas regardless of if I was staying in a hotel or not.

Shoto was already in his hero costume, but he had a toothbrush in one hand and a comb dangling from his white hair as well as a half-asleep expression on his face. "Gert urp," he said, nibbling on the bristles of his toothbrush.

"Five more minutes," I moan and flop back against my futon.  With a sigh, Todoroki yanks my cover off of me. "I said get- huh?"

I stared at him with a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment on my face. "Hey, pervert! Ever heard of privacy?!" I shriek, covering my chest with my arm and attempting to pull down the nightgown further over my pale thighs.

"Ah! Sorry! Sorry!" Shoto frantically shook his head and shut his eyes, backing out of the room.  He'd left a flurry of snowflakes in his wake. "Just...get dressed and come to the dining room. Breakfast is ready."

"Why can't men ever learn to knock?" I grown, climbing out of my futon. "This isn't the fucking Stone Age."

Despite the awkward encounter before getting dressed, breakfast was relatively quiet. I got to talk a bit more with Fuyumi and Natsuo, learning a bit about what the two of them like to do. Apparently Fuyumi was a bit of a drama and theater geek while Natsuo was studying medicine to become someone in the medical welfare field.

When asked what agency I intended on joining when I graduated,  I hesitated. "Not really sure yet." I admitted. "I'll most likely start off with my cousin Pyra and maybe grow from there but I can't say anything of certainty yet."

"You two should end up at the same agency," Fuyumi smiles. "Like a package deal, y'know. Think of it; "The Hybrid Heroes"!"

"That's got a nice ring to it." Natsuo agrees.

I giggle lightly. "It sounds pretty badass but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn't agree with that."

I hear Todoroki suck his teeth and glance over in enough time to see him roll his eyes.