Chapter 34: Found

Dedicated Chapter Song: What's Wrong - PVRIS

Forget the poems of saints and ghosts
I'm the one I fear the most
Little did I know that I was only crying wolf
(Hiro)

The sun was setting just beyond the grassy and tree-covered mountains to our east, and it felt like we were no closer to our goal than we were when we started at around nine in the morning

The sun was setting just beyond the grassy and tree-covered mountains to our east, and it felt like we were no closer to our goal than we were when we started at around nine in the morning. Taking a glance at my watch, my eyes widened at the time reading 5:21 p.m. My shirt was torn, my hair covered in dirt and twigs, and my face had much clearly had better days. "I need a spa..." I moaned, heaving to just breathe at this altitude; or maybe it wasn't even the altitude anymore, it was just the time we'd been walking and fighting sentimonsters made of trees.

The scent of cooked food perked Chewy's head up, which he immediately ran after. "Chewy!" I jogged after him. "Hey, wait, boy! Hey! Why aren't you listening to me?!" After what felt like endless hours walking, I finally stepped out into the clearing with my classmates behind me. Pixie Bob was the one to greet us with a smug smile.

"Fi~nally, you're here!" Mandalay and Aizawa were already standing behind her, monitoring how badly beaten up all of us looked. With a tiredly outstretched hand, I reach out to chewy and call out for his dispersement. "Disperse..."

"Looks like there was no point in threatening to deprive you of lunch."

I wanted to vomit up whatever stomach acid was left in me, which is exactly what I did after running back into the forest to do it behind a tree. Going for so long using my quirk without eating was detrimental- but it wasn't like I was unused to it. It had just been a while since my limits were tested.

"'Little over two hours' my ass..." Sero groaned, clutching his stomach.

"I'm going to starve to death!" Kirishima whined.

"My bad," Mandalay faked an innocent smile. "I meant by our standards."

"So it was just to boast, huh?" Sato speaks in an unamused tone.

"Hehe, honestly I thought you'd take longer," Pixie Bob giggles. "To have figured out my awakened earth beasts so quickly and easily. You guys are good. Especially...." she points at Todoroki, Bakugo, Deku, and Iida. "The five of you- huh...?" she blinks. "Where's the other girl? Y'know? The one with the wings?"

Shoto looks over his shoulder. "She was just here..."

"She ran off into the forest," Yaomomo opens her mouth. "I think she had to throw up. I'll go check up on her-"

"I'll do it." Todoroki waved her off. "Go and grab some food. You need to recharge after using your quirk so much." he then stepped away from the rest of the class and followed my footprints in the dirt until he found me sobbing up in a tree. "...Hiromi...?" he called up to me. "Hey...you okay?"