Chapter 16: Possession

Dedicated Chapter Song: Angel Eyes - New Year's Day

I want you way too much. Take my breath. Baby reach inside my chest. You can have whatever's left. Cause baby I'm possessed.
(Hiromi)

Don't you try to hide with those angel eyes. If you let me inside, I won't hold back this time. Such a deep disguise, the devil's right inside.
(Todoroki)

Despite the hatred I'd gotten from some people in the stands, a majority of watchers were hyped to see Todoroki-kun and I fight

Despite the hatred I'd gotten from some people in the stands, a majority of watchers were hyped to see Todoroki-kun and I fight. Perhaps it was because they saw that I was supposed to kill his father, so they expected a great amount of animosity from me. Regardless, I wouldn't let what anyone thought of my fighting style get to me.

"Ahahahaha!" Emiko laughs as I stretch my arms out to prepare for the fight. She's leaning over the railing, her bleach-blonde hair swaying in the summer wind. "There's no way you'll even come close to defeating the son of Endeavor!"

"I beat you, didn't I?" I retort, casting my eyes over my shoulder. "But then again, your quirk is rather useless."

"Grrr...say that again, bitch, and I'll make sure to show your perverted wet dreams up in front of the world!" she threatens.

"Why are you so bitter?" I groan, dropping my arms and turning around to face her. "Did I do something to offend you? I've been nothing but your slave since I arrived at UA and yet you continue to harass me. What is your end game?"

"No end game." she smacks her lips together and puckers. "I just really hate you."

The blond haired boy from 1-B who managed to piss off Bakugou during the Cavalry Battle pops up outta nowhere. "Ha, you've gotta have some whiny traumatic backstory to end up the way you are. So what it is? Daddy didn't pay enough attention to you? Did mommy die in a hero chase? Or was it something else?" he grins maniacally.

I don't remember what his quirk was, but it's obvious from here he's trying to get to her. Clearly, he had an understanding of her quirk, though, because somehow she was vulnerable enough to sputter back at him. "Y-You little— mind your own fucking business— huh?!"

All it took was a simple tap of her shoulder from him and suddenly, just like she'd done to me, the boy projected a bad memory of hers up in the air. "You see, my quirk allows me to copy anyone else's so long as I touch them. So, what kinda childhood did you have?"

I spin on my heel and watch the scene play out. Though I know it was wrong of me, I feel prideful in seeing Emiko suffering her quirk being used against her.

She didn't look older than maybe five or six in the scene. Her hair was in pigtails and she wore a small pink dress and like white flats. Her father hovered above her, reading off a contract to some Pro Hero that was trying to apply to their agency.