Chapter 19: Scars Made of Flames

Dedicated Chapter Song: Beautiful Pain - Andy Black

Your life was a shooting star that burned out way too fast. And all the memories of a dream that's built to last.
Don't wanna wait, wanna wait, wanna wait for my next panic attack, no. Don't wanna wait, wanna wait, wanna wait for my next crash.
(Hiromi)

"So," I drawled, walking behind Endeavor and next to Shoto

"So," I drawled, walking behind Endeavor and next to Shoto. "Is this all we're doing? I don't exactly get how this is watching 'a hero in action'."

"Hold your tongue, Morningstar."

"He called me 'Morningstar'." I blinked in surprise, turning to Shoto. "Did you hear? He didn't call me Akuma for once!"

"I heard." Todoroki mumbles. 

"We're going to be teaming up with another group of pro heroes today from a separate agency. As I recall, one of them was very eager to see you."

"Me? Why me?" I rub my arms. 

"You'll know when you get to see them."

"Do I get a hint as to who they are-"

"Drop it! Drop iiiiit!" A woman's voice came from up ahead on the street. I tried to see past Endeavor, only able to see she was chiding some kind of huge white wolf. "I'm not playing frisbee right now, Fen! Give me my damn chakrams, you fucking fleabag!"

"Waaaait..." I narrow my eyes, slipping past Endeavor and his crew.

"You're making me look bad! Give me my chakram or no "treats" for you tonight mister!" A tall woman, dressed up in "slutty medieval" styled costume with gorgeous red hair that spiraled down into black tips was tugging at a pair of circular blades called "chakrams" from the white wolf's mouth. 

"I don't give a shit if I have to rip your jaw with these to get them back!"

"...Scarlett...?" I exhale quietly, then looking to the white wolf. "And that's gotta be-"

Before I finished the wolf turned back into a man. A very attractive man. He was taller than she was, with thick black hair combed back and held by a type of headband. His eyes were and almost white kind of blue. His costume was a royal blue high-collared puff-sleeved jumpsuit with a white fur sash across his waist over a white vest and a fluffy tail dangling from his hip. He also wore blue and white motorcycle boots.

"I think," he says in a deep, sultry voice,  holding out the chakram to Scarlett. "This belongs to you?"

Scarlett smirks, snatching it from his hand and hooking it back onto her waist. "You're lucky my cousin hasn't shown up yet to see your tomfoolery."

"Uuuuh...actually..." I nervously laugh, making my presence known. "I'm right here, Scar."

"You know these people?" Shoto side-eyes me.