Chapter 42: The Symbol of Pain

Dedicated Chapter Song: When Legends Rise - Godsmack

Throat is dry, my vision's fading
I'm paralyzed, and left here waiting
Taking time, just one step forward
Won't lose my mind, I'm here to stay
It's burning down, it's burning high
When ashes fall, the legends rise
(Hiromi)

Throat is dry, my vision's fadingI'm paralyzed, and left here waitingTaking time, just one step forwardWon't lose my mind, I'm here to stayIt's burning down, it's burning highWhen ashes fall, the legends rise(Hiromi)

As I floated in the air, casting my gaze at my foe, with a blazing sword in hand, all I could think of was protecting everyone around me. All For One had not yet spotted my friends hiding in the alleyway, and I intended on keeping it that way. Though, if I knew Shoto and Midoriya well, they were probably thinking of some way to save me and Bakugo. I don't need their saving. I knew what I had to do.

"You took," I raise the sword towards him, tilting my head to the right. "Everything from me. And now... you're going to pay."

"Foolish child," All For One laughs up at me, extending his arms out. "You can't kill me."

"I don't have to kill you," I smile cockily, twisting my hand around with my quirk set, summoning another army of demons to keep the other villains at bay. "I just need to keep you distracted."

With that cue, I launched myself forward at him, using all my training I'd ever been taught to swing and hack at him with my sword. Though Master Yang was gone, I will never forget the lessons he taught me, or the endless hours he spent pushing me to go further; to go beyond.

"Ahah! That's it! Show your true self, Hiromi! Become the villain you were meant to be—"

"I will never be like you!" My blade crashed against his helmet, and I pressed, as hard as I could into it, but whichever quirk he was using wouldn't allow me to burn it off him. He sends me spiraling backwards, and I once again outstretched my wings, bungeeing myself back.

"Okay," I wipe my mouth from the spit and dirt around. In a split second there's a vicious roar behind him, and a fearsome dragon leaps toward his person.

"Teacher!" Shigaraki calls out as he disintegrates one of my hellhounds. Kaito makes a step in front of him and laughs.

"Ah, ah, ah," he wags his finger at Shigaraki. "That's not a smart option."

"Out of my way, you brat!"

"Mmmmm...no." Kaito sucks his teeth and kick his leg, swinging it through Shigaraki's and forcing him to crash onto the ground.

The dragon that rose was the same dragon that had taken Shoto and I around Mt. Fuji not too long ago. I didn't need to control it anymore. It knew what it had to do. I could focus my energy into attacking All For One with my sword while my shadow flew to where All Might was launched and began to dig at the rubble.

"She's like a one-man army..." Midoriya mutters to his classmates.

"She's tiring herself out." Shoto noted, peeking around the corner. "She can't take on all those villains at once. Even with Bakugo. That girl," his eyes glanced at Jinxx who was still screaming at Dabi's unconscious body to force him to wake up. "If she gets her hands on Hiro, we lose."