Chapter 12: The U.A. Sports Festival

Dedicated Chapter Song: I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin

All is lost again but I'm not giving in.
I will not bow! I will not break!
I will shut the world away. I will not fall! I will not fade! I will take your breath away...
(Hiromi)

The moment I stepped out of the locker room in my U

The moment I stepped out of the locker room in my U.A. high P.E. uniform, I knew I was preparing myself to take the biggest leap of faith in my life. Todoroki, whilst we we're all still in the locker room about an hour prior, had declared war on Midoriya, but to my surprise, Midoriya met his challenge. I wished at that time I had that kind of confidence.

Class 1-B comes out next, and I'm stunned by how I'd seen many of the students in the halls but never quite paid attention to them. There's a girl with bubblegum pink hair who catches my eye since she had many gadgets covering her body. I was told we were allowed to bring special support items to help aid us in the tournament so long as we filled out a special requirement form.

There's another student who catches my attention from class 1-C. I knew I'd seen him before only because he was in my classroom for a few weeks until I transferred. I never bothered to learn his name. He had tried to declare war on Bakugou a few weeks ago and had even tried to tell me to move out of his way. I had refused and based on his startled expression, I had to assume he wasn't expecting that.

"That guy again," I toss my monochromatic braid over my shoulder and fold my arms over my chest. "There's something strange about him..."

"AKUMA!" a shrill feminine voice screeches. My shoulders drop and I reluctantly spun on my heel to see the bitchy blonde Emiko Haruhi sashaying up to me, smacking her lips with bubblegum. "What the hell's with your disgusting hair? Trying to look like Endeavor's son?! How pathetic!"

"What do you want, Emiko?" I roll my eyes.

"Hmmm...you on your knees begging for mercy would be pretty sweet." That vicious grin of hers returns.

"Not gonna happen," I say with a smile.

"Tck!" she sneers. "You join the Hero Course and you think you're better than me all of a sudden?! Wait till I show everyone your quirk— huh?!" her voice cracks the second I shrug off my U.A. jacket and let my wings peek through my tattoo.

"What were you saying about showing everyone my quirk?" I side-eye her.

"You..." she balls up her fists."I'm gonna beat you to a bloody pulp, you zebra-haired cunt-wipe!"

"Bakugou!" I call for my "boyfriend" without hesitation. In less than a split second, he shoves Emiko from behind, a sinister grin on his face as she falls into the dirt. "Get the hell away from my girlfriend, you filthy cum dumpster!"

"C-C-Cum dumpster?" She weeps, wiping the mud off of her face. Even her "friends" begin to laugh at her. I can't help but smile at Bakugou, but that smile fades at the look on Todoroki's face. He doesn't have a set expression, but I can tell he's unhappy based off of the crinkle in his brows. I gulp down my emotions as Pro Hero: Midnight approaches the make-shift stage in the center of the arena. I regroup with my class, standing next to Asui and Tokoyami. Dark Shadow kept trying to chat up with my invisible shadows- the ones that I used to believe only I could hear. I tucked in my black and white wings and toed the ground as we were given a speech about taking this tournament seriously.