Chapter 33: On Our Way

Dedicated Chapter Song: Summer Forest - Original Lyrics

We're all going to a summer forest
In the middle of nowhere
No more heartbreaks for a week or two
Endless skies and evergreen trees at our summer forest
No more crazy thoughts for me or you
For a week or two
(Hiro)

We're all going to a summer forestIn the middle of nowhereNo more heartbreaks for a week or twoEndless skies and evergreen trees at our summer forestNo more crazy thoughts for me or youFor a week or two(Hiro)

"What the hell is going on here?" Mr. Aizawa pushes the students aside and glares at Kirishima after seeing me down in the dirt, clutching at my bloody nose. "Kirishima. Explain."

"Wel- I- she- we were- I-"

"I told him to punch me." I speak up, rolling into a crouch and then hopping up, smiling even though I had blood running down my face. "We were playing truth or dare. I got dared to kiss him without consent, so I asked him to punch me in the face as payback."

Mr. Aizawa sighs heavily and shakes his head, just as the coach bus pulled up to the lot. "Whatever. Just don't cause any more trouble. And clean yourself up."

"Right!" I dug through my suitcase for my first aid kit to clean my nose. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Todoroki standing next to me. "...you need something?"

"...are you gonna heal that with your quirk?" He pointed to my nose. I shook my head. "I just figured I'd let it heal normally. I probably need to ice it though." I reach into my mini-cooler I'd packed, searching for an ice pack. "Shit..." I huffed angrily, realizing I'd forgotten to pack some.

"Here," he reaches out, making a chunk of ice in his hand for me. "Or...you could just use your quirk on me."

I look at him with a certain sadness in my eyes. "Shoto..." I speak quietly so no one else hears us. "...you know I can't do that-"

"You did it during the sports festival." He speaks calmly. "So don't give me an excuse you can't do it now."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"And I don't want you to be in pain." He retorts.

"Shoto..." I take his hand and fold his fingers in over his own ice and lightly push his hand back towards him. "...we can't do this. I know...you wanted an excuse for me to kiss you during that game...and I avoided you on purpose-"

"How did you know where I was?" He asked sternly.

"I...I could feel you." I stare at the dirt beneath us. "Like a magnet. This warm, fuzzy feeling; it got stronger the closer I got to you..." I fold over the bloody cloth I'd been holding my nose with and sniff, trying to see just how broken my nose really was. "I'm sorry. I know you were wanting me to kiss you-"

"I'll just get one from you later." He speaks so nonchalantly that I'm almost thrown off balance.

"L-Later?! Wait a minute! We're not even together!" I say, a little too loudly, gaining attention to the two of us.