Chapter 17: A New Beginning to A True Hero

Dedicated Chapter Song: One Kiss - Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa

One kiss is all it takes, falling in love with me.
(Todoroki)

Recovery Girl didn't honestly do much to help me

Recovery Girl didn't honestly do much to help me. A few bruises and cuts were healed up, but I'd used so much of my stamina in the fight that there was practically none left over to heal my burns and other scratches. In the end, I ended up limping back to one of the waiting rooms to rest during Bakugou's fight against Tokoyami. As his "girlfriend", I should have been out there supporting him but...there was just no way that I could. Not after I confessed that I believed Todoroki would win this. I truly hoped that he would. Todoroki had all the means of becoming a great hero. Experience, motivation, and much, much more than what first meets the eye.

I limp down the hallway, resting one hand along the grainy walls to help keep my balance as I walk towards the waiting rooms, at least to get changed out of this P.E. uniform for the day since it was practically falling apart on me thanks to being burned in various places. I didn't wear my eyepatch anymore. I didn't feel the need to since I wouldn't have enough strength to possess anyone if I dared to make eye contact. My hair was still a rat's nest of black and white stretching down to my lower back. I couldn't really remember the last time I had it cut professionally. Uremi used to do it until I accidentally used my possession quirk on her when I was throwing a tantrum. That lead to the scissors cutting cleanly across my cheek. My mother forced me to use my healing quirk on Uremi and called her stupid for being so irresponsible, but that was the last time Uremi dared to be near me in person without me covering my right eye.

My head ever so slightly raises up when I hear soft footsteps echoing in the same hallway as me. I assume it's just a student from another class until I catch a glimpse of the shoes they're wearing. There's only one guy I know who wears white boots like that. "Hiromi." I look up at Todoroki, who suddenly managed to get from across the hall to in front of me without me paying attention. "Are you...crying?"

"...no?" But after reaching up and touching my face, I feel that my skin is damp, especially under my eyes. "Oh. Maybe I was." Todoroki looks down at my arms, then at the bare skin of my legs showing through the holes in my pants. "I thought you went to Recovery Girl."

"I did," I say, holding up my bandaged left arm, and pointing to the bandages all over my body. "But...she couldn't help me very much. I used up too much of my stamina in the fight that I had none left over to heal with. It's okay. I don't regret it." I say quietly. His eyes are scanning around the area then like he's checking to make sure we're all alone. "Come with me." he insists, grabbing my wrist firmly but gently and dragging me into one of the Boy's Waiting Rooms. "Huh? Kyah! I'm not supposed to be in here!" I wail, flailing my arms about like an idiot. "Todorokiiii!"

Instead of listening to me, he shoves me down against the top of the table. "Use your quirk on me," he demands, rather rudely. I blink, staring at him in confusion with both eyes. "...eh?"